Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

The aggressive tone/approach from CPA staff and board to members queries on issues

Issues at CPA Australia needing investigation and/or review.
Brett Stevenson

The aggressive tone/approach from CPA staff and board to members queries on issues

Post by Brett Stevenson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:14 am

I would like Tyrone Carlin as CPA Australia President to investigate and report back to the members on the aggressive tone and approach of CPA staff (especially at management level) and board members to queries members have about some of these important issues being raised.
They treat us almost dismissively as if these are non-issues and that we should not concern ourselves with such matters.
I think for starters Mr Carlin should remind the CPA staff and board that we are the members and some of these issues are so significant that you just need to read what some academics and the media are writing about this, let alone what members are saying to you.
And while at it can you please tell them to lay off on the legal intimidations and threats. That may be a cute way to keep the members silent for a while but it does nothing to deal with the substantive issues.
If you want to continue to preside over an organisation where members are treated as kindergarten children, and CPA adopts a big brother oversight mentality then perhaps you need to seriously look at what the role of the President is, and what the Objects of CPA Australia are.
I have received so many emails from members absolutely dismayed with these dismissive and aggressive approaches by CPA staff and board members.
Can you imagine any other professional organisation treating its members in such a manner.
And while you are at it, please report back to members on the bullying and intimidation adopted by Graeme Wade and Alex Malley to one of the largest Discussion groups in Sydney that was reported about in the media. This makes us a laughing stock as professionals.
We have plenty of witnesses to that episode. have you even raised the matter at the board meeting? No, I didn't think so either.

Better Call Saul

Re: The aggressive tone/approach from CPA staff and board to members queries on issues

Post by Better Call Saul » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Interesting to look at the attached CPA Australia Ltd "Board of Directors Charter", it states as follows:-

9.5 Code of Conduct
Each director has an obligation to comply with the spirit, as well as the letter, of the law, the Constitution and the principles set out in the Directors’ Code of Conduct.

Further, it states:-

The Chair is responsible for:
(a) leadership of the Board;
(b) overseeing the Board in the effective discharge of its supervisory role;
(c) the efficient organisation and conduct of the Board’s function and meetings;
(d) facilitating the effective contribution of all directors;
(e) the promotion of constructive and respectful relations between Board members and between the Board and management; and
(f) to receive (on behalf of the Board) the views of the Representative Council and to generally be the point of contact for communications between the Board and the Representative Council.

I JUST CAN'T FIND IN ITEM (e) and (f) ANY MENTION OF "MEMBERS"
(members are the "SHAREHOLDERS" are they not?).

Perhaps Members should respectfully request to be included?
board-of-directors-charter.pdf
(128.87 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
I have not seen as yet the "Directors' Code of Conduct" or the "Board of Directors Handbook", both of which are referred to in the above "Board of Directors Charter".

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Re: The aggressive tone/approach from CPA staff and board to members queries on issues

Post by nakedadmin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm

The Representative Council would have to first vote and a majority would have to vote in favour of expressing their view to the board before the Representative Council could express their view. The Directors would not be obliged to reply. Oh what power we wield!
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Also the directors code of conduct which is referred to in the charter
Directors' Code of Conduct.pdf
(28.41 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
The Naked Webmaster

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:29 am

The question is who enforces the directors code???????? Who enforces the organisation rules, when the leadership of the organisation are the ones breaching the rules??

The general membership had no hope, the divisional council was stacked with Malley supporters, and the state presidents had no knowledge of what was going on and had no power.

So who would enforce this code?

Now the board wants to create a code of conduct for the general membership with its engagement with the staff and board of CPA Australia.

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:17 am

JWheldon you have hit the critical weakness not just with the directors code but with much of the whole corporate governance shibboleth which they have gamed.
After all that has been exposed they still 'get off' scot free, and who cares?
These codes, and even the law itself, become a waste of words when those in power game the system and the regulator is silent.
You have hit the nail on the head I reckon.

geoffrt0019

Post by geoffrt0019 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:27 pm

These criminals are still life members...strip them of it. I will.nevet forgive jillian bowen emailing to staff i wad a lunatic when i raised my concerns on facebook...a staff member sent me this Infamous email

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:03 am

geoffrt0019 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:27 pm
These criminals are still life members...strip them of it. I will.nevet forgive jillian bowen emailing to staff i wad a lunatic when i raised my concerns on facebook...a staff member sent me this Infamous email
Can you post a screenshot of the email (with personal information redacted if necessary)?