Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Representative Council

A weekly round up of the issues and progress
Stomper

Representative Council

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:45 pm

They have finally restored the link......

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/about-u ... ve-council

slaa4044

Re: Representative Council

Post by slaa4044 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 pm

This is the group to be lobbied. This is the group that appoints the Board. Indeed, a better strategy is to get this group to resign, then there is no one to appoint the Board!

There are some on here with very strong connections to the former leadership.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 pm

I am confused.

How is the CPA Chair also chairing the representative council?

So the chair is chairing the committee that is appointing the board as well as him or her.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 am

Dave wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:00 pm
So the chair is chairing the committee that is appointing the board as well as him or her.
Isn't it awesome?

The whole board appointment process seems like a massive 'circular reference'!

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:51 pm

It's a waste of time. They have failed us so far. We better concentrate on energy on getting the 6000 voting members. Could I please asked each one of us to starting sharing the spill motion links. My opinion is once we regain contract, we need to remove those layers, representation council is a waste of layer and bureaucracy. They do not act in our itself, or else someone by now would have blow the whistle. The only one thing I keep hearing is or they are not paid, they are volunteer and they work or have busy workload. My question is who are you to elect for this role. If you can't serve us members, then you choose the wrong role. We need people that we can trust and that will stand up for members and ensure we remain a member association

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm

CPA Australia Representative Council

Chair - Jim Dickson - CPA President

Councillors
Valerie Biggs - NAB - CPA Young members

Richard Blakeman - NFP Board member CPA Australia (appointed 1 January 2015)

Ivana Bosio - Special Counsel at Australian Executor Trustees in Adelaide LLB BCom GDLP

John Cahill - CPA President 2012 - appointed 1/10/2007 ceased 30/9/2013. Served on WA divisional council and was WA President .

Chia-Tern Huey Min - Council member of CPA Singapore Office - Deputy Commissioner (International, Investigations & Indirect Taxes Group) , Inland Revenue of Authority of Singapaore

Teresa Chong - Audit Partner in KPMG Malaysia. President of CPA Malaysia

Rosalie Degabriele - Uni of Tech Sydney - Academic Finance Superannuation & Banking
Dr. Nigel Finch CPA & Chartered Accountant, Partner of Saki Partners etc,

Piotr jakubicki - Victorian School Building Authority - help write "A Guide to understanding the finanical reports of Not-For-Profit Entities" - on CPA External Reporting Centre of Excellence

Clare Lezaja - Finance Director, Telecommunications, Telstra

Tony Marks - Past President 2013 CPA Australia ACT Branch - in article from AFR Joe Aston dated 31 May 2017. Received in 2015 from Univesity of Sydney a scholarship with CPA Australia for the Global Executive MBA at the University's Business School ( a $110,00 18 month course with residential modules in India, the UK and the US). Executive manager at Animal Health Australia

Professor Gary O'Donovan - Tasmania CPA council

Kerry Phillips - QLD CPA Councillor - Executive Manager Financial Services, Townsville City Council

Bernard Poon CPA Australia's 2012 Divisional President Greater China, Partner at Ernst & Young

Mark Powell - CPA Australia NSW Council

Sue Shoobridge - Board of VisAbility (was Guide Dogs Tasmania), Vice President of Tasmanian Divisional Council of CPA Australia

Brent Szalay - director at SEIVA - on CPA Public Practice Committee

ziffelmac

Post by ziffelmac » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:16 pm

My understanding is that Alex has been trying to get rid of Rosalie (and others?) for a while, suggesting she "move on". She and others have been pissed off at the Alex Malley Cult of Personality before it became popular, but sometimes she felt like a voice crying in the wilderness. Please support her (and other honest voices, I don't know any of the others) if you can.

BTW Nigel is a mate of Tyrone's.

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Piotr jakubicki nailed his loyalties firmly to the mast when a couple of months ago after I contacted him as a member of the Victorian division to discuss the issues arising his response was
I suggest that if you have any concerns about the governance of CPAA that you contact Jeff Hughes COO member services. I'm sure he will be better placed to address your queries than I would.

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:46 pm

They all have to go, this layer has to be removed. I don't know any of them nor am I interested to know them. If we members have questions we should have open door to the board not filtering through the bureaucracy. This is a member association and we members need to remain active and hold our board more accountable. Sorry, but I had enough with all the layers. We will all agree or disagree they do nothing. Half or most of us don't know any of them and for how long have they sit on the representative council. So we need to remove this layer.

antiwarclan

Post by antiwarclan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Well Said time4change!!

Representative Council, what a name!! I have not idea about these people nor have I been contacted by these people. If they are not active in connecting or communicating with his/her division then who are they representing?

There should be only one structure, which is board direct accountable to the members. Afterall, members are the owner of the organisation not the board, the CEO, and the executive directors or management. As I said before, the more layer the more opportunities for self agenda or self interest.

Keep fighting and we will get the number in spill motion.

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:13 pm

JWheldon wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm
Piotr Jakubicki - Victorian School Building Authority - help write "A Guide to understanding the finanical reports of Not-For-Profit Entities" - on CPA External Reporting Centre of Excellence
Honestly you couldn't make some of this stuff up.

Also JWheldon a.k.a. Nailgun, I've stolen these Rep Council names and stuck them into the Contact Details thread