Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Chance to quiz the ringmaster

Let's look in detail at our directors individually so the term 'the board' does not minimise their individual responsibility for decisions made and oversight in relation to many of these issues.
The Nude CPA

Re: Chance to quiz the ringmaster

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri May 26, 2017 4:56 pm

cpasteve wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:24 pm
One wonders if, even if CPAA elaborate on the remuneration, there aren't other payments to individuals that aren't included in the remuneration report.
That is a very, very good point.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm

The Cyclist wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 am
Brett Stevenson wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 10:44 pm
I reckon a review of The Naked CEO is calling you!!
At last I'm a published critic !!!

http://imdb.com/title/tt6140980/reviews-1
Must have been moderated... surely not?
IMDb.png
IMDb.png (202.11 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
Last edited by The Nude CPA on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Sat May 27, 2017 1:55 pm

The Nude CPA wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm
Must have been moderated... surely not?
IMDb.JPG
Boy there must be a whole department of minions at the Death Star in Southbank monitoring everything "Alex". I've got to give them credit they are quicker off the mark than Donald Trump claiming his rightful place at the front of any gathering in ensuring that theres no place on the Internet for anything anti-Alex .

Anyway from memory this was the review
Title: Great for Insomniac’s
Review: Take one second rate accounting lecturer who along with some old uni buddies hijacked an accounting organization and promoted himself to CEO. Throw millions of dollars of other peoples money at this attempt at hero worship and sadly it still comes up smelling of manure. Self-congratulatory sycophant idol worshiping at its worst. Do yourself a favour and to for a walk outside to left the aroma of this puerile rubbish drift away in some clean air.

Now just as Alex says- "never give up"

And rather than trying the same sort of blatant criticism expecting a different outcome once it lands in the minions drift net I'll try and throw then off the scent with a sprinkling of positiveness- but not too much. And just in case it does meets the same fate as my last attempt here it is for you pleasure.

Title : Absolutely Brilliant.
Review: Alex must have been such a wag at school after being suspended for the heinous crime of leaving the school grounds to lay eyes on his friends supposed girlfriend. Who knows what different path his life might have taken if he had. We can only wonder. Well judging by his amazing TV show I can only say I’m glad he didn’t and in words write large its time to shout out to the world at the top of our voices “Move over Ricky Gervais, watch out Stephen Colbert and you’d better retire Will Ferrell cause there’s a new Boss in Town.” I cannot be amazed at his in-depth probing in the interviews with such luminaries as Nadia Comaneci, Andre Rui, Henry Winkler and John Frost. He ostensibly aims to cajole the mysteries of leadership and survival from them whilst keeping his bubbling dry wit just below the surface of his ever twinkling eyes and wry smile. Yup if you didn’t know his guests fail to realise his real motive. Accounting yes its accounting he’s trying to lure them into it in such a subtle way and they are so oblivious to his devious tactics. Oh the sheer effrontery of the man. This show will be a massive hit with the younger generation who get satire, and this is satire at its best. And who knows how many of those youngsters will look up to this show and think yeah I want to be an accountant and interview unsuspecting old people who won’t have any idea what I’m doing to them. Pure Genius. I can't wait to vote for this show in the 2018 logies. Well done Alex, absolutely brilliant !!!!

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Sun May 28, 2017 10:33 am

[quote="The Nude CPA" post_id=939 time=1495782035 user_id=407

At last I'm a published critic !!! Take 2 .

[/quote]

The minions must be asleep over the weekend.
Attachments
IMG_2278.PNG
IMG_2278.PNG (179.91 KiB) Viewed 3446 times

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Tue May 30, 2017 12:35 pm

The Cyclist wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:33 am
The minions must be asleep over the weekend.
It's still there... :lol:

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:47 pm

He is a link from http://www.saxton.com.au/alex-malley/#topics

Saxton Australia's leading speakers bureau... So anyone want to hire Alex Malley for your Christmas Party or school fund raising. Maybe his fees for speaking may come down given the CPA pays him so generously. Not sure of the topics, "Communication: The Critical Need to Speak Human When Communicating"........

Look at his topics

Speaker Topics

The Keys to Leading a Big Life
Mindful Leadership
Strategies Behind a Dramatic Turnaround: A Case Study in Organisational Change
The Power Within: Unleashing Your Potential
The Digital Leader: Strategies for Success in a Networked World
Building Digital Tribes: Mobilising Global Communities and Integrating Them Into Your Business
Business in the Asian Century: Opportunities in the New Borderless World
Change Management: The Infectious Nature of Inspirational Behaviours
Communication: The Critical Need to Speak Human When Communicating
Cultural Change: The Essential Need to Believe in the Leader
Disruption: Leadership Behaviour is Not a Technical Term
Leadership Fundamentals: The Power of Instinct and Judgment
Leadership: The Best Leaders Are Those Who Teach
Marketing Now: Building Marketing Intelligence Through Integrated Social Media Influencing
Mobilising the Next Generation of Global Leaders
The Courage to Fail: My Three Days With Neil Armstrong

Topic Synopses
The Keys to Leading a Big Life
Alex motivates his audience with an inspiring and candid discussion about the benefits of not being limited by fear and embarrassment. Possessing the courage to fail in order to reach a vision, whether it's your own or that of the business, is a leadership quality that should never be underestimated. It will open the doors to a big life, rich in experience and personal growth.

Alex believes wisdom is a collection of experiences; it's unlikely you'll ever be in a position to help others if you allow fear and embarrassment to hold back your big life.

Mindful Leadership
Growing up with a mother who suffered from clinical depression, Alex learnt from an early age that life should never be taken for granted or dreams left unsought. As a boy he'd lock himself in his own world, dreaming of a big future brimming with adventure. Initially this led him down a chequered path as he learnt how to harness his youthful desire. But this wasn't about changing who he was as a person: it was about refining the best he had to offer.

In this compelling and honest address, Alex shares how his early-life experiences – even his school suspension – shaped him as a leader and taught him five critical attributes of quality leadership: empathy, influence, consistency, storytelling and self–awareness.

Strategies Behind a Dramatic Turnaround: A Case Study in Organisational Change
Learn how to lead your business to new heights while respecting its traditions.

Alex recounts his experiences transforming one of Australia's most established and conservative businesses, CPA Australia, into one underpinned by a culture of innovation and challenging the status quo. His experience confirms that a cultural change, inspiring a collective belief of daring to dream, is only possible when people genuinely believe in the leader.

This is why Alex has led from the front on innovative initiatives such as filming the last and most in-depth interview with Neil Armstrong, launching the national television series In Conversation with Alex Malley and creating the global mentoring brand, The Naked CEO.

The Power Within: Unleashing Your Potential
Alex Malley believes that too many of today's leaders favour risk management over inspired vision; seemingly, self-preservation lies at the core of their management approach. Join the CEO, television host and best-selling author for a candid and inspiring discussion about how dismissing fear and embarrassment will not only help you reach your own full potential, but also the potential of others.

While some leaders shy away from getting personally involved in social media through fear of direct access, CEO Alex Malley embraces it. Whether it's through his mentoring community thenakedceo.com, as a LinkedIn Influencer or on Twitter, Alex has created multiple digital touch-points with external stakeholders, sparking a culture shift in the way CPA Australia markets its brand.

Get a CEO's perspective on the importance of brand personalisation and how to build and mobilise global communities.

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Am I alone in thinking that Alex and a certain cartoon character have a lot in common or do I just have a warped sense of humour. And too much time on my hands at present.
Alexs next role.png
Alexs next role.png (157.79 KiB) Viewed 3049 times

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Maybe the whole TV program on Channel 9, and the book deal with CPA, was just a way for Alex to move to the next step in his career. The big movie to Hollywood, where he will star in some upcoming action movies.

Maybe the reboot of the $6 Million man. A story of man rebuilt in an operation after being severely injured by public opinion that cost $6 billion dollars ($6 million inflated by CPA Australia standards). His has been enhanced with strength, speed and vision far above human norms. He can run like speedy gonzales, talk faster then fog horn leghorn, and plan to take over the world like the Brain (from Pinky and Brain). With his new enhanced abilities, he sets to work as international secret agent, while assuming his day to day cover as world wide motivation speaker. Traveling the world and battling against evildoers.

Maybe he will also appear in the next Star Trek movie - The Wrath of Khan (Alex) or possibility the re-make of the movie Space Balls.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:19 pm

JWheldon wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:47 pm

While some leaders shy away from getting personally involved in social media through fear of direct access, CEO Alex Malley embraces it. Whether it's through his mentoring community thenakedceo.com, as a LinkedIn Influencer or on Twitter, Alex has created multiple digital touch-points with external stakeholders, sparking a culture shift in the way CPA Australia markets its brand.
Ha ha!

Does he tell them to delete comments/block people who dare raise topics that they'd rather not discuss?!

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah Alex is the digital leader we are just following in his footsteps. I can't understand why he seems so upset about it.
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi The Cyclist,

You got a big mention on Alex's weekly show. He read out your comment.

http://www.2gb.com/podcast/smithys-depl ... malley-16/

Then said:
Alex "I'm telling you, I'm telling you, this website with pseudonyms has got some very unhealthy commentary and behaviours."
Chris "Gees they're courageous aren't they, don't go by their own names"
Alex "Yeah but you know what, actually, just medically that is a ... year old person who is a finance director. I can tell you that."
Chris "Wow"
Alex "This is the sort of world we live in. I'm accountable Chris"
There are now several occasions that Alex has stated that using pseudonyms is bad and he will not take people who use pseudonyms seriously. But this seems to be against CPA Australia policy.

Personally I think it's bad/illegal for Alex to be revealing your personal information on radio. At this point I would like to point out the CPA Australia privacy policy attached. Thanks to MarkG for pointing this out. Which contains:
3.5. What if you don’t want to provide your personal information?

The CPA Australia Group’s policy is to provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us if it is lawful and practicable to do so. A pseudonym is a name or other descriptor that is different to an individual’s actual name.

For example, the CPA Australia Group’s policy is to enable you to access our website and make general phone queries without having to identify yourself and to enable you to respond to our surveys anonymously.

In some cases however, if you don’t provide us with your personal information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with the product or service that you are seeking. For example, you must identify yourself to become a CPA Australia member and, if you sit an exam for the CPA Program, we will check your photo ID and digital signature, to confirm that you are the person who is entitled to sit for the exam.
I also think it need to be considered if Alex breached the CPA Code of professional conduct in relation to confidentiality and the Privacy Act.

I think this could form the basis of a complaint to the disciplinary committee.
The Naked Webmaster

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Interesting - it obviously hit home with him and shows that this site is monitored by the drones at Southbank.
Bravo Alex thanks for the plug mate.

However I'm not sure where you got the information on me as I haven't provided you with my details and I'm sure the privacy act would have something to say about you accessing personal details without due cause, reason or permission. I look forward to attending another of your oh so wonderful speeches and writing up my thoughts and feelings about the event.

And seriously start to address some of the issues instead of burying your head in the sand thinking it will all go away- it won't.

I found it quite ironic that Smithy stopped the interview to discuss the sentencing of Ian Macdonald and a few other individuals for corruption. Was there a hidden message for you in that Alex ?

Better Call Saul

Post by Better Call Saul » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Have a look at the Directors Code of Conduct and tell me why Alex Malley can behave the way he does and the CoC does not apply to him?

A member can always bring a member 2 member complaint of course and have it out over a photocopier in Harrowing Towers.
Directors' Code of Conduct.pdf
(28.41 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Better Call Saul wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:12 pm
Have a look at the Directors Code of Conduct and tell me why Alex Malley can behave the way he does and the CoC does not apply to him?
Mmmmm this looks promising. Clause 7.
Confidential information received by a Director in the course of the exercise of Directorial
duties remains the property of the entity or person from which it was obtained and it is
improper to disclose it, or allow it to be disclosed, unless the disclosure has been
authorised by the entity or person from whom the information is provided, or is required
by law.
Talk about me again Alex and I might have to pull this little beauty out of my back pocket !!!

Better Call Saul

Post by Better Call Saul » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 pm

I suggest The Cyclist parks his bike and listens to the Malley / Smith radio podcast.

Malley let's rip some inappropriate at The Cyclist.

The Cyclist may have taken offense.

Options exist to put in a police complaint and/or a member 2 member complaint.

Smithy’s Deplorables: Alex Malley
http://www.2gb.com/podcast/smithys-depl ... malley-16/

MALLEY GET OFF THE AIR IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE........

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi The Cyclist,

I noted that after that point in the interview where Alex Malley said enough about you to prove he knows who you are, he said this:

Alex Malley to Chris on 2GB:
I have to act in a dignified manner because I'm running an organisation. You know I'm a wog Chris and wogs are not dignified and patient but I am respecting the office of my role and trying to be as dignified as I can, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult.
I don't understand how the board can back up someone who made a threat like that.

I'd say that if you do feel as though it may be a threat to your personal safety you should report it to the police and they will take a statement from you and Alex. Then you can request a copy of that statement and we could send it with a covering letter to the board.

I really don't like this derogatory stereo typing of Europeans as well. Not what you'd expect from a CEO on $1.8m.
The Naked Webmaster

Better Call Saul

Post by Better Call Saul » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:51 pm

CPA Australia - CPA Australia’s Privacy Policy and Statement:-
CPA Australia - CPA Australia’s Privacy Policy and Statement.JPG
CPA Australia - CPA Australia’s Privacy Policy and Statement.JPG (33.9 KiB) Viewed 3170 times

theallseeingeye

Post by theallseeingeye » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Wow. CEO clearly feeling the heat -and for that salary and now this behaviour, deservedly so.

My corporate experience tells me one of two outcomes lie ahead.

One is that the Board sees the writing on the wall, and decides on a show of leadership by acting decisively to preserve the brand (and their reputations) ....which to my mind means throwing Alex under the bus (but it will be done nicely and without any admission of failure - you know, when they announce someone has left "to pursue other opportunities " or "for personal reasons"...and here's a fat cheque to keep quiet). Plus some public gestures addressing the wider salary and performance issues being raised. TV show and excessive sponsorships cease for next year. We move on with the CPA brand tarnished but soon restored, our concerns duly noted and acted upon.

The other is that the Board is equally complicit in this shenanigans and digs their heels in. They do whatever it takes to preserve the trough they are feeding from ,as long as possible. ASIC investigation probably isn't on the cards yet as ASIC were a supporter at the launch of CPA Advice, so there's plenty of time. CAANZ perhaps start offering a "pathway" for CPA's to easily join, CPA member numbers will go backwards, and in time, the existing Board will eventually go. CPA brand now on life support and it will take a decade to restore.

We need to keep pushing, if we don't want scenario 2. I don't want to see the brand destroyed , and any lingering stain is unfair to graduates who have just completed the hard work of qualifying.

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Better Call Saul wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 pm

The Cyclist may have taken offense .
Nah. Not at all I'm not thin skinned.

A few comments and questions though.

Malley "And people use pseudonyms on that website". Smithy "They're courageous aren't they ?" But he then quotes a gender, an age and a job title. Forgive me for making some basic assumptions but that means if he knows that information he acknowledges he knows who I am. But if I use a pseudonym how did he get that information ? and why not just say my name ? Fear of legal action perhaps ?

"We have no natural competitor in this country" 3.05 minutes in. Pardon me Alex have you forgotten about CA ?
Oh wait a minute or should that be 4 minutes and 12 seconds when he mentions CPAA's competitor CA ! Smithy " This is CA your competitor" Alex "Chartered Accountants yeah" . Hang on one minute there are no competitors now there is. Whats going on Alex did you just discover them or had you somehow forgotten about them 4 minutes earlier on ?

His commentary on Margaret Court's recent statements about same sex marriage because he supports free speech and the right to express your opinion. Strangely though he allows rampant censorship of all opposite views to his own and refuses to allow any questioning of his and the boards behaviour at CPAA. Hypocrisy- you bet.

And again Alex is still churning out the same old rubbish about surplus, member growth, and retention.

And tarring everyone from a mediterranean background as being undignified and impatient is not helpful to anyone.

Alex has said in interviews he should read the bible a bit more. Perhaps I can point him to Matthew, chapter 26, verse 52.
"Live by the sword, die by sword". Or in todays context "Live by the Media, Die by the Media"
Perhaps if you hadn't been so narcissistic wanting to see your image plastered all over the globe none of us would have been the wiser to the shenanigans going on .

Jfa220854

Post by Jfa220854 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:24 pm

The all seeing eye is very experienced. I think you are correct. Board crisis management 101.