Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Victorian Divisional Council

Let's look in detail at our directors individually so the term 'the board' does not minimise their individual responsibility for decisions made and oversight in relation to many of these issues.
passedfc

Victorian Divisional Council

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 pm

I have just had email reply from Terry Brooks . ( Victorian Divisional President) I asked him if he was happy to receive my letter of concerns, ( plagiarised from here !!)
Terry replied ... "... grateful to receive your concerns.... indeed we have received a number of submissions and other communications.. "
Sounds like CPAs have been busy here in VIC. !!
I will load letter here when I have final version completed.

passedfc

Re: Victorian Divisional Council

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:12 pm

see the attached letter sent to Victorian Council president Terry Brooks
Attachments
Letter for victorian council.docx
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Nice one John - great letter!!! :D

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks Stomper, but I could not have done it without this forum and the amazing contributions . I stole the letter from others but it sends the message and gets into the Victorian council.
The CPA s here do restore my faith... that the CPA has a chance with good people .

justice4CPA

Post by justice4CPA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm

What's his email address?

Thanks

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Victorian President is Terence Brooks
Terence.Brooks@police.vic.gov.au

justice4CPA

Post by justice4CPA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Got a reply from Terrance. Looks like the Councils are on the same page and are trying to do something collectively.

We all need to send our letters to the respective councils and contribute to the fighting fund.

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Agree .
Along with the work by Brett and team.. Building the fund the more letters the Councils get the better .
If the councils are on the same page they maybe critical for any future steps.
If the Malley regime can be removed CPA still needs structure to rebuild and i am sure there are some good people in among them .
It is interesting to see the posts now as People realise they are not on their own .. so this forum is the best vehicle we have .
Well down to Brett and the Administrators and all those involved giving support.
I do also wonder about any of those good staff inside CPA and how they are feeling.
( not sure that the Ethics Officer should be feeling proud at the moment)

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Reply from Terry Brooks on letter I sent... thanks for the concerns ... many of which are shared by the Victorian council.
So the more we can contact them and keep them on side the better . Terry said council wrote to the Board 3 weeks ago with their own concerns at the time.
We certainly need to get organised, get the funds for Brett, and get this Malley Regime removed.

Eric Nacpa

Post by Eric Nacpa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:16 pm

I expect Vic Council members are about to be sent a confidentiality deed ................

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 pm

So far we know that Victorian council have been emailed with letter of concern, south Australia and NSW are the same. Anyone here from Western Australia, ACT, Tasmania, Northern Territory and Queensland that have emailed letter of concern to their divisional council?

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Yes , very important those other state councils get letter of concern as well.
so anyone here from those states might like to step up...if not let me know and i will write to them as well.
I am Pretty much out there now so if you are concerned about CPA I understand, and am happy to write to all councils ... state member impact would be better however..

ziffelmac

Post by ziffelmac » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Her'es mine, gratefully semi-plagiarised.
20170623 to NSW council.pdf
(50.66 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 pm

well done Ziffelmac... !!
Message delivered NSW !!

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:52 am

I know the SA council met Monday or Tuesday night; i'd hazard that some of the others met too, and there was such a backlash from members once the names of the representatives went up, that the board were caught unawares - keep in mind, a week ago they let him stay and thought he was doing a great job.

This is a great victory for all of us who stood up and said, not good enough. There's still a way to go, but pressure from members like the letters being spoken about and written here are part of what forced this decision.

GenYCPA

Post by GenYCPA » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am

Gerard Byrne - Qld Divisional President
Gerard_Byrne@icloud.com
0438 70 4870

Gerard makes his details publically available on LinkedIn and has previously said that he is always willing and able to talk to members. I will be writing a letter to him and the Qld Divisional Council this weekend.
Robert McDowall CPA | Partner | Arabon Accountants
CPA Australia Queensland Divisional Councillor

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-mcdowall/