Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Messages of support and positive feedback

Messages of support or otherwise and feedback
Jfa220854

Re: Messages of support and positive feedback

Post by Jfa220854 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Well said memberdan. Fully agree with all your comments.

2Pot Screama

Post by 2Pot Screama » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Congratulations to all involved in this movement. Much appreciated from the rank and file. What has happened at CPA is an absolute disgrace.
OOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

raleighcpa

Post by raleighcpa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:01 am

memberdan wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 pm
Whilst some of us may choose to remain anonymous (in my case to avoid the hassle of retaliation by CPA), you have put your neck on the line, and pushed on with this fight.
+1 to this.
memberdan wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 pm
Perhaps there are options to transition across to CA so that I have some kind of accreditation for future employment opportunities, that is to be assessed.
I don't think so. They make you start from the beginning, with no recognition of any CPA subjects completed at all.

We can & we will

Post by We can & we will » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 am

I agree with the messages of supported posted here. Great work Brett and all others that have contributed so far. It speaks volumes for the types of people we have as members of our organisation.

With the majority of the board now gone and the last few hanging on the chance for the members to ensure CPA Australia once again accountable, acts in the interest of its members and the public is not far off.

The question remains as to why the other board members are still hanging on? Apart from potentially being unemployable in the future do they have outrageous golden handshake deals built into their employment contracts? I hope not and that they see fit to ‘do the right thing’ and resign rather than cling on to face ASIC or other proceedings and thereby further damaging the very body they were entrusted in protecting.

Mark Ricci

Post by Mark Ricci » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:07 pm

To Brett and the team at the AFR who have reported relentlessly on this topic a big thank you. You have my total support. I am a 35 year member and fellow of CPAA and I have never been so disgusted at the attitude and brazenness of the 'mob' who purport to be running our organisation with supposedly our best interests at heart. Why the hell didn't I act sooner in investigating this organisation? I guess many members are asking themselves the same question.

This very issue with CPAA, seems to me to have become prevalent with many other member organisations where members do not actively become involved in the organisations affairs. Minimal voting, sometimes representing less than 5% of the members can get resolutions through and boards and committees are using this lack of member interest as a means to entrenching themselves with obvious results, salaries, longer terms, etc...

Mark Riccioni, FCPA (mark ricci)
Mark Riccioni, FCPA

Clydeh

Post by Clydeh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:27 pm

I have just read the ABC news article regarding the "independent" review and the fact that both Angus Houston and Ian McPhee have endorsed Alex Malley and his book.

Given that Jim Dickson appointed or approved of their appointment - he too should resign. Or does he have a complete lack of understanding of our ethical standard regarding conflict of interest? Clearly both Houston and McPhee have a perceived conflict of interest and for anyone to select them for the review shows and absolutely lack of judgement or no understanding of members complaints and I can only conclude that Mr Dickson must be the mouthpiece for Mr Malley.

If not, then does he have his eye on the salary of the President?

Unbelievable!!

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Clydeh wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:27 pm
Unbelievable!!
Mark Twain:
The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
The Naked Webmaster

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Mark Ricci wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:07 pm
To Brett and the team at the AFR who have reported relentlessly on this topic a big thank you.
+1

The CEO and his long term Board associates will not leave voluntarily as their interests don't align with the members (esp. the 2 directors still clinging to their Board positions after 11 years). CPAA management/Board continue to resist transparency at every possible turn.

MichaelSimmons

Post by MichaelSimmons » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Reading all of the above Comments shows to what a sad situation we have come.
As a Member for some 35 years, I have seen a gradual decline in the Professional Body I joined (my father was AASA as well, from just after WW2) to hear Alex Malley describe CPA Australia on television as our "business". This implies it is all about profit and selling CPA Australia Memberships.
No - I won't accept this.
The role of a professional body is to provide us with education so that we can do the best job we can, to monitor standards to which we all work, and to represent us against unnecessary regulation or to promote our standing in the community. CPD should be provided at cost, not represent a profit centre.
The Committees to which many Members contribute through much hard work, go nowhere - ideas which come from Members meet points of resistance where they cross the agendas of "empire builders" within the organisation. This situation existed back in the 1980s but it has never been worse than now, bringing on a justifiable revolt.
I support the action now being taken and will promote it to as many Members as I can. Let's take our Professional Body back so that it is truly run by practitioners, not outside directors and social club Members.