Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

SPILL MOTION gathers momentum

Key contributor Jen Dalitz topics for discussion
jendalitz

SPILL MOTION gathers momentum

Post by jendalitz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Friends there's a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock at #cpaaustralia... let's get them out!

Got to my latest blog post at http://jendalitz.com/leadership/cpa-aus ... esolution/ for tips on social media sharing and text to copy and share.

#SUPPORTTHESPILL

Stomper

Re: SPILL MOTION gathers momentum

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Voting members just announced on LinkedIn = 119,646

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 pm

The apathy of many members is quite frustrating.

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm

The Nude CPA wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 pm
The apathy of many members is quite frustrating.
Very very sad!@

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes the apathy from the membership body is frustrating but we need to keep pushing the message ...
I continue to circulate all I can but this will not cover what could be accomplished with full member email contact.
But as i understand the Divisional councils don't have or can use this to contact any members directly. not that they would !!
The voting membership number breakdown could assist.. and i suspect we have some idea of that now..
And it is obvious that the Current remaining board and executive will just hang in there and hope it all goes away..
These selfish arrogant people have no shame even after Malley virtually ridicules them and well as the rest of the CPA members...why would they give up their overpaid positions ... until they are thrown out.. !!
And as a part of the apathetic membership body I carry blame for letting the CPA get to this point.
Victorian Council ... gone quiet ?? Where are the divisional Councilors with any fortitude !!
And do we assume all the representative council group are as complicit as the six so called board.
I will continue to keep pushing on all contacts to circulate the message and just hope the Membership body wakes up !!

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Agree passedfc.

I have circulated to my CPA contacts as well and hopefully few more will signup as it builds to the number.

It is not bad to be at 1200 after not even 1 week.

Also with 30 June year end people would have been busy.

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Let's not lose hope. We need to keep pushing.
I can't blamed some of them, as many of the FCPA that can jump ship will consider it, especially those in public practice and I can't blamed them, CPA has failed them. It would be interesting to see CPA retention rate at the end of this year. I have already noted that the linkedin CPA member page has been dropping in numbers. That is why we need the 6000 voting members to spill the whole board. The longer it dragged, the more damaged it will cause.

antiwarclan

Post by antiwarclan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am

Agreed to time4chang. I too circulate to many people as possible. I have shared it to the Chinese CPA accountants group, the forensic accountants group and on my Facebook.

We will get the number and it's a matter of time.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm

antiwarclan wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am
I have shared it to the Chinese CPA accountants group [and] the forensic accountants group...
Curiosly, what is the feeling about this in those groups?

antiwarclan

Post by antiwarclan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:19 am

There are alot discussions about the issues. Some wanted to leave CPA due to CA recent campaign of members grabbing.

They are not to blame for leaving as CPA has failed them. However, I have emphasised to them that now is the exciting time of CPA and they could be part the change.

For the forensic accounting group, I haven't been active in that lately so I cannot make any comment. I'll leave it to the leader of the group (if he's here).

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:51 am

As the topic heading says .. spill motion gathers momentum...
We need to keep the momentum and as antiwarclan says remain positive we can get the 6000 members for the spill.
Discussion here is good and the forum continues to update those of us here. We need to continue to spread the word and get more involved in the discussion to ensure the spill can occur. More and more seems to emerge about CPA governance and management each passing day and the incompetence of the executive would not be tolerated in many companies... and we CPA are meant to be leaders !!
Discussion on weekend with some FCPAs leaves us disgusted and appalled... some just want to leave the organisation and take up the CA offer ( getting a letter of good standing from CPA could be interesting !! ). I continue to urge these members to hold on and assist us with the fight to get the CPA reputation back, but some have jobs, practices and businesses to run and just see the CPA organisation as a dead cause with the remaining Board and executive entrenched in a fight to remain in their over paid jobs.

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

The only thing we can used, I fully respect if they want to jump ship as I can't blamed them as its their likelihood of their business on the line. But we can using the following, most not most ALL members full status one have paid their membership until 31 December 2017, so if they want to jump ship we can't hold them and that is their right, but before they jump ship, please encourage them to sign the spill motion, as all CPA members who are junior can't jump ship and if our duty is to the profession as accountants, we owe it to those junior and intermediate accountants with CPA designation, will we leave them with a lemon association or at least no hope for the future. We all started somewhere and we all owe a duty to those coming through the ranks so let stand up for those young CPA and think if we jump who will be there for them.

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am

agreed Time4 ,
We do have some responsibility to younger members
All I have spoken with all and they have signed up for the spill motion and fully support this forum ( most are here as well).
Renewal time next year will be a different issue.

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Jen,

Could you please update us how many members so far has signed up to the spill motion so that we know how we are tracking.
Thanks

theallseeingeye

Post by theallseeingeye » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Time for a full page advert in the AFR and a few other places?

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:19 am

Not sure what the strategy is to get more exposure for the 6000 we need to succeed in spill ?
But assume Brett and team have something in mind.
The EGM is vital

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

The list is at over 2,000 now. I guess there is a bit of a plan but open to suggestions as well.
The Naked Webmaster

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks Naked . 2000 is good, but still way to go.
As we don't have emails for members hard to plan where best to expand the news and ask concerned members to sign up.
News place advertising is one option i guess.
I continue to remind my own network and think most of them have signed up.

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Over 2000 is about 34% so we need to find the 66%. Can we used linkedin as there will be members there and message them through linkedin or do you think we might encounter a problem with this avenue.

CPAwhatever

Post by CPAwhatever » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

Well now the site is up and running, with contacts, we could look into obtaining email addresses from the directory. You can honestly pay a freelancer $100 and they will go through each and every contact and copy the email. What do you think?