Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Email 9 - 15thMarch2017. CPA Australia's Hall of Shame . Running away to Singapore

Group emails on issues of concern sent to our mailing list
nakedadmin
Site Admin

Email 9 - 15thMarch2017. CPA Australia's Hall of Shame . Running away to Singapore

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 am

The directors, senior executives and staff at CPA Australia should be made to read this and hide their heads in shame

This is what the CPA Members have said in just two weeks
More to come but read for now below what the members are saying.
I have added nothing. Just a sampling.

Hot Off The Press
(And they are running for cover by holding the AGM in Singapore.
Tyrone Carlin as President and Alex Malley you both ____________________________ members can finish off the statement
Lets hope you got permission Tyrone from Sydney University for time off, because as far as I am concerned I’m
sick and tired of CPA Australia wasting out money and avoiding the elephants in the room.)

Enjoyed you email. I have written to -------------------------------------------- about the Alex self promotion.
The journal In The Black will not publish articles or letters about this shameful waste of money. Some action is required.
Perhaps we squeeze ---------------------------his ego might buckle.
I have sent your email to ------------------------------------------.
Happy to help on any ousting campaign.
Regards

Thanks Brett
Appreciate the effort you’ve gone to here on behalf of the membership.
Comments are valid and hopefully will be addressed with more than just management-speak by the board.
Regards

Hi Brett
I happen to receive a copy of the "intheblack" and open it and saw the content inside regarding " In convsersation with ...."
I am absolutely unhappy with it
When I open my email today,I saw what you wrote correspond with my thinking. I am so happy to have read your article! Something has to be done. I have been a member for -- years and saw the progressive regression.
I note what you have written and I will do the necessary!
Regards.

Hi Brett,
I agree with this. Well done for tracking down all the email addresses as well.
Unfortunately I see no way of influencing the board apart from setting up some kind of getup style petition. Or you could urge individual members to email their local CPA Australia directors with their concerns.
Kind regards

Hi Brett
Interesting email from you
I am ---------------------- with members who would have similar thoughts to you
What is your background?
What are your thoughts for future change?
Regards

Dear Brett,
I appreciate your efforts here.
I, too, think CPA Australia has lost its way.
I found the last 'In the Black' disturbing with-----------------------------------------
There are many things I cannot write in an email.
I offer my support in your efforts and anything you think that I might be able to do ------------------------------------------
Look me up if you like, I am ---------------------------------------------------------------
The governance of CPA Australia must be reviewed.
Please note prior long-standing relationships between key players here (Carlin, Petty and Malley). Not to mention some that have been 'installed' at the next level down.
I feel defeated by the behaviour of several that you mention here and also know of others that have worked for CPA Australia and left because they could not continue to support the organisation.
Kind regards,

Good job Brett and don’t leave the group – we need people like you!

Congratulations on your article that has been forwarded to me by email. Keep up the good work. I know ------------------------ personally and share your concerns about many things.

Good morning Brett,
Thank you for your email.
I want to thank you for your amazing efforts in uncovering these potentially serious issues.
Like all my colleagues, we are all disillusioned by the direction CPA Australia is heading and the lack of support it has provided to its members.
The wastage of money which could be spent providing greater and better resources to members without charging exorbitant prices or for free is distressing. CPA Australia is being “shown up” by smaller organisations who are providing valuable resources including countless excel spreadsheet templates, limited but free (or inclusive in its annual membership) taxation advice etc. the NTAA has also offered Public Practitioners a “Limited Financial License” at $300 per month compared with CPA Aust at $700 per month. The list goes on.
As Public Practitioners, we are getting hammered in our QA reviews with the most trivial of issues such as minor wording of “Engagement Letters” which we have to compile ourselves.
You would think that they could even provide standard templates but that also has been beyond them.
So now we read that the lack of transparency and possible breaches of the Constitution may be a reality.
I could say a lot more !!
Regards,

Good Morning Brett,
Great work, Keep it up. Well overdue.
CPA Australia does virtually nil for its members, but plenty for its CEO and Board.
The main problem is that most members are too busy, and we put faith in people who want to get involved.
Problem is, most of those involved are there for the wrong reasons, like our politicians.
It’s not apathy, we are just too busy.
If I can be of any assistance, let me know.
Kind Regards

Agree
How can the duties of his position be serviced when considering the time required to facilitate the ‘In Conversation’ programme
On receipt of your last email I consider the CEO may not be fulfilling his duties in a competent manner to justify the estimated renumeration
May be we have to ‘walk’ to another accounting body where the ‘base’ members are considered
I have now considered this action for some time and will be changing in the foreseeable future
Time is a problem for all and very few members would be prepared to allocate the time as you are doing to pursue this matter when we are being frustrated by all the new rules/regulations being forced on the accounting profession and CPA appears to be ‘going along’ with the changes
Regards

Well done

Well said. Thank you for pursuing these matters.

Hey Brett
Luvin your work .. . keep up the good fight.

Hi Brett,
It's quite late on a Sunday night and I just read your email with some sense of relief.... specifically that I'm not alone in thinking this way.
I've had significant concerns for some time and can't help but get more than a little agitated when walking through an airport and seeing Alex's face plastered all over a giant billboard at our expense.
How is this helping us?
In fact I honestly can't tell you the last time I felt that I got any value from my membership.
I'm seriously thinking about canceling my membership and have been for some time, however after being a member since the ------------- I'd like to think there's a chance we can get our organization back.
I'm on board with your cause so if there is any way that I can be of assistance let me know!
I look forward to hearing more from you soon.
Good luck and regards

Hi Brett,
Thanks for your update (I did not get the first email - but can guess at its contents).
I would be happy to catch up when you are in -------------------.
There are others that are related or part of the boys club (e.g. ————————,—————————,--------------------) that I know about from 'other' interactions.
These I find sitting -------------------------------------------------------------.
Mmnn ... I started to do some looking after your email.
My experience in these things is similar to yours.
The constitution has no limits on the tenure of the CEO. However, it does on members of the Board & President.
My approach (would be) be to follow the money and relationships over the period of Malley's tenure.
Then, it would be to go public.
Kind regards,

This is outrageous. Great work Brett.

Dear Brett,
Thanks for raising this. You have articulated the concerns that I have had for many years.
Best wishes,

Afternoon Brett,
Just a quick email to say thankyou for taking the time to voice your opinion. In our usual busy lives we quite often don’t stop and think about the bigger picture and your email certainly had sent some flags up.
All the best.

Dear Brett,
I didn’t get a chance to read your email in full but I certainly agree with support your efforts and wanted to make a quick reply to let you know that.
Well done for putting your head above the parapet.
CPA are like a quasi public-service. Like the public service they don’t earn their money, they levy the community for it. And as such they should be a lot more wise with the way they spend money, and ultimately they should be looking after members and the public interest.
The current “Alex Malley Appreciation Society” is not achieving those outcomes.
Regards,

HI Brett,
Well said, you have my support. Keep up the good work.
Regards

Thank you for your two emails Brett
It’s a shame the only feedback, you have received from CPA Australia - is to leave.
I have been critical of Alex Malley for some time and his obvious self-promotion.
And as such I have raised with ---------------------------------------------------------- - is it about him or CPA Australia.
I’ve been told that what’s good for him ends up benefiting the CPA brand. Given your research, it would appear that the real benefits are for Alex !
I agree with the matters you have raised and in addition understand that he is ultimately responsible for the fiasco in NZ with the failed law suit against the NZ CA’s
I am also critical for the establishment of CPA advice which will ultimately be an expensive failure - as it is too much too late.
Please keep me in the loop for any further correspondence.
Regards

Are any of the echelon, them or their families/associates), related in any way to the advertisers, receiving any benefits from the advertising, and are there any rewards coming back to the CPA, such as tickets to the Australian Open and are such rewards put to the members by way of ballot,?

Thank you for stirring the possum.

Brett,
Please put me on your email list.
I am ashamed to have let the CPA organisation go so far off the rails, and yes it is the members fault as we have been the enablers.

Hi Brett
100% agree
CPA has become the Alex Malley show.
Sponsorship of the Australian Open???? I was wondering about the purpose of this and who got the seats because they weren’t offered to members.
I think we should take action. I don’t know how it is done but I will support it.

Dear Brett
Thank you for your article. I read this slightly gobsmacked. I had assumed that our Mr. Malley was well paid and also assumed that there were too many people at the top of the society. I wish my remuneration was as good.
Please keep me on your mailing list.

Hi
Try looking at the remuneration paid to board members for the amount of time they put in
You will be shocked – it’s a boys club
cheers

Brett,

I was sent a couple of your emails from ------------------------------------ and I sent them on to another ——————————————— who has had similar concerns to you in the past.Keep up the good work. Based on your information CPA smells a bit rotten at present.

regards,
Hi Brett,
I was circulated your email about Alex Malley. I am not writing this email in any official capacity, but I applaud your efforts do so something about this ego on legs.
I am a CA myself and have long been dissatisfied with our body and CEO. I was thinking of switching. Then along came Alex...
He's not just an embarrassment to CPA Australia but to all accountants! I cringe whenever I see him on a billboard.
Good luck getting some traction in cleaning up the mess.
Best regards,

Hi Brett,
Is it possible to have government look into this somehow.
I am amazed that members don’t have the powers to remove such people.
Regards,

Hi Brett
What would be of interest is to draw a comparison between the remuneration of the CA executive and even the counterparts in the UK and USA.
O'Malley certainly seems to have an overly healthy ego which is not typically an indicator of an effective CEO.
Keep up the good work.
Regards

Hi Brett
Thanks for your reply
I can see you have been very busy
Your emails are appreciated, so please keep sending them through, as I am happy to receive them
------------------------a few members always vocal about the lack of apparent consideration by CPA to its members
In particular, some disdain on the approach of Alex Malley
Although I don’t disagree, I have generally withheld my view, due to my position and because my nature is not simply to complain but find a way to improve
Your emails have shown there is hope and a possibility to bring CPA back to being a representative association
I imagine you have set the wheels in motion and the snowflake might eventually be an avalanche
If you need any other help please let me know
Regards

Hi Brett,
Halleluiah!! I again completely agree with everything you’ve said and share your concerns.
One other issue (aside from the ridiculous remuneration) that greatly concerns me is the outrageous cost to our organization of Alex Malley’s egotistical and shameless self-promotion…. Unless you think that we all benefit greatly from the cost of producing his TV show ‘In the Conversation’.
You might find the following articles from the Fin Review interesting reading if you haven’t seen them before–
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/cp ... 202-gmjtlb
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/al ... 203-gmkxgu
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/al ... 207-gmnlvz
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/cp ... 208-gmolsj
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/cp ... 129-gu0t60
I think you might like the last one in particular. So as I said at the beginning – not only is our organization being pillaged by way of remuneration but what is the genuine cost of getting this ego-maniacs face out there and how the hell do we benefit as members. I think it’s clear that this situation is completely ridiculous and we need to do something about it.
Keep me informed of your progress but again if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
Cheers

Brett,
Thanks for getting back. if you are receiving many emails you have obviously struck a chord that resonates with many of the members.
regards,

Hey Brett – I’m another apathetic CPA member, who’s happy your taking the fight on!!

Hello Brett
Thank you for your informative emails and the time taken to investigate what is occurring at CPA Australia.
Recently I had the same thought, Alex seems to be promoting himself rather than CPA. It takes courage to raise issues so I commend you on raising these issues and commencing conversations.
Kind regards

Hi Brett,
Thankyou for that interesting analysis.
I have no knowledge of our constitution so how are those three directors who have served beyond the nine years allowed to still be directors?
Is there some loophole they are using?
Kind regards

Hi Brett
This is the sort of stuff that the media should be reporting on..
Regards,

Thanks Brett, totally on your side on this!

Hi Brett,
In response to your note that you are only reaching 400/150,000 members, are you part of the CPA group on Linkedin? I used to get their updates and I suspect there would be more than 400 members on there. If you wrote an article with a provocative headline you’d get some clicks.
Regards,
Brett's feedback - they would not give me access. It is controlled by CPA Australia.

Hi Brett
I was fowarded a few of your emails this afternoon and couldnt agree more.
Could you include me in any future corroand also send a copy of the excel doc you refer to.
Regards

Hi Brett
Have you compared remuneration to that of our CA brothers and is it comparable or transparent?
Have you approaches the financial review or similar to publish your findings?
You only neee to look at what happened to the Australia Post CEO.
Regards

Keep going mate, I’m starting to get emails from fellow CPA’s in practice sharing the outrage. I tell them “its only a rort if your not in on it” so call your divisional representative.
Kind regards

Brett
Well done. You’ve highlighted a number issues that need addressing, which I’m sure have been a concern to many of us in recent years but unlike you, we haven’t bothered doing an analysis, bringing it to the attention of others & questioning the powers that be with the outcomes.
Thanks

Thanks Brett,
Very interesting.
Two things come to mind here:
1.CPA Australia have let down badly public practitioners in relation to basic financial planning.Their advocacy for us versus financial planners had been limp.
Unless we are qualified financial planners
We cannot even suggest that a client should have their own superannuation fund????
2.Have you put your analysis to the CPA board and if so what is their reaction?

Hi Brett,
Thanks for your very informative analysis. We are not just paying them more than what they deserve but it is also happening at the cost of the quality management of CPA.
It is very obvious that since 2007, it is more of stress on the Quantity then the Quality.
And then again when we have got an Australian who is pretending someone similar to a Hollywood Star, who likes to take crap interviews on prime time TV programs of people who have no or very remote connection with the Accounting World and that is again at our cost. Is he trying to create a Brand Image for his post retirement life? I really wonder what is going on??
I think it is time to change the structure and pull the NAKED CEO down.
I wonder how many copies of that crap book published at our cost been sold so far.
Regards

Thanks Brett,
You have raised very relevant points that should be addressed by Board representing Members interests.
Kind Regards,

Hey Brett - great work.... I'm sure Alex himself would have to be getting nervous now! It will be interesting to see how CPA respond to this?
Really where does this gravy train end??? I hope you start getting some traction now and more members become aware of your cause.
Again, if you need anything let me know.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers

Hopefully they’ll get the message to them????
An online partition signed by members might be an option.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks

Good afternoon Brett
I am CPA member and am disgusted at what is happening at CPA.
Have you thought about giving the story to the media like channel 7 or the The Age, they would have a field day and help in the process of exposing what is happening.
It may result like Australia Post where the CEO eventually resigned.
I have forwarded your email to as many members as I know.
Cheers

Hello Brett
I have received one or two of your emails that have been forwarded to me regarding CPA and Alex Malley. Please add me to your list and thank you for having the guts to say what a lot of us have been thinking for a long time and to do it in such a well-researched and articulate way.
Kind regards,

Thank you for having the courage to take this up

Thanks Brett

Hey Brett
I do agree with you re the CPA, love and appreciate your work to date but is there a chance we can receive less correspondence?
A couple of emails a day is a bit much.
Would love to see more transparency a complete change in focus from marketing for new members to creating a brand where members in public practice are seen as highly trained and skilled professionals
Kind Regards

Hi Brett,
good job, your efforts are appreciated.
Regards,

Hi Brett,
Keep up the good work.
Incidentally, what are you suggesting about Mr Malley and Macquarie University?
Regards,

Hi Brett,
I thought I’d add my email to the avalanche of encouragment, loving your work, keep it up!!

Can you please add me to your distribution list

Thankyou for raising the issues. I am supporting you in spirit at the moment.
I am happy to support you more appropriately when the time and opportunity comes

Hi Brett,
Until one of your emails was sighted by me today I was locked between ignorance and apathy.
Didn’t know, didn’t care.
I must admit I have described the Society over recent times as the Alex Malley Society of Accountants.
Philosophically the so called conversations in which he appears never sat comfortably with me.
They seemed to be more about self-promotion, rather the CPA brand.
But I assumed we always had a Board of diligent volunteers ( like I was in CPA and on other Professional Boards).
Accordingly I had assumed those were “volunteers.”
The Board one would think had a duty to the Organisation and would do the Corporate Governance, strategy, overseer role in an unconflicted manner.
But I was always puzzled how the Board allowed the media persona to evolve, grow and function
As to other Board members by all means pay Out pockets airfares hotel etc for volunteers but that is where I thought it rested.
Possibly an occasional consulting role, that wouldn’t give rise to a conflict of interests.
Your revelations are very interesting indeed.
What’s that old saying about you can fool some of the people, some of time, etc etc.
Not sure how this becomes fully transparent to ALL members where will the accountability path be?
What is the Auditors role ? If any?
Keep me in the loop and good luck in your endeavours be mindful of defamation slander.

Hi Brett,
I like your letter and the issues you raise.
I for one am in agreement that there is much to be done to get CPA Australia back to being a member organisation promoting the best interests of "ALL MEMBERS".
I am particularly concerned about the high remuneration of directors and executive staff and the high costs we face as members whenever we attend a program or seminar.
I also agree that unless it can be clearly demonstrated that the current marketing efforts are providing a sound return on investment, measured by increased enquiries and business for our rank and file members then one needs to question the value we get.
I look forward to hearing updates from you - please add me to your mailing list.

Good work Brett.

Not sure if all are receiving this, but CPA for what we stand for is all about professionalism and transparency.
It is disappointing that the leaders of the our profession are not following the key items in being an accountant
· Corporate Governance
· Transparency
· Uphold the profession
· Act ethically.
Perhaps Mr Mally can provide a right of reply and layout the facts and improve transparency of the organisation.
Regards

This beggars belief & is it’s an embarrassment that this situation has been allowed to continue for such a long period of time.
Why didn’t other board members, who were obviously aware as they approved it, not question it or at least insist that members be made aware from the outset.
These guys supposedly head an organisation that is largely responsible for developing, implementing & policing strict accounting/financial regulations on businesses Australia wide and we (CPAs) are paying them to do this. It makes us & our organisation look like idiots.
Something must be done to rectify this situation.
Thanks again Brett for bringing this to our attention & possibly you need to prepare yourself for when mainstream media pick up on it because I doubt that this is not newsworthy OR can be kept quiet.
Thanks

Brett
Good on you!!
I have often seen Alex on TV and wondered what his topics had to do with accounting or the accounting and finance profession.
I have recently had other emails forwarded to me regarding the practices and relevance of Alex Malley.
I agree.
When I have to do additional qualifications just to speak to my clients on superannuation and SMSFs because our accounting bodies did not fight hard enough for accountants to retain the fundamentals of their profession and reduced us to pseudo tax office employees without the government pay benefits, I get annoyed. Then the CPAs take so long putting any RG146 superannuation training in place that we have to look to outside providers I wonder what we are paying for.
Many thanks for your efforts.
Regards

Good on you Brett for getting it out there!

Hi Brett
Keep up the good work.
I cant believe he does all those interviews which dont appear to be of any benefit to the members

Oh Brett, I am getting a completely unnatural amount of satisfaction reading this! Thanks for sending it through!

Keep hammering away Brett!!! I don't care if I get 10 emails from you if it means you're gaining the attention that these issues deserve.
I think it appears to be a sad fact that a complacent membership has allowed the organization to be hijacked by a coordinated group of corporate thieves.
Keep up the good work!!!!
Cheers

Hi Brett,
what can be done?
I guess we can all vote with our feet and join CA or something similar?
But that is really not a viable option for most members.
Any plans? Love to hear them.
Cheers

Dear Brett
We need braver people such as yourself.
My wife just pointed out after I read out todays AFR Back Window story, that I had been saying for about a year that if I saw Malley’s face on a billboard again I’d get very angry.
And the sponsorships!!!
And the interviews in In the Black – who next? Beyonce or Kadashian?
But on top of that you have dug out issues with tenure and remuneration.
Congratulations and well done for standing up for us Public Practitioners.
any help just ask!
Regards

Dear Brett,
Does the constitution provide that members can convene a meeting of members? If so how many members are required?
A way forward might be:
1. Convene an extraordinary meeting of members to change the constitution so that members elect the board.
2. Then another meeting of members elects a new board.
3. The new board then appoints a new CEO.
4. The new CEO then orders a review of expenditure over the last seven years.
Regards,

Well done Brett!!!!!
Why should my membership fees pay for these childish pieces of (oops..I can’t say that, can I?)
As for Twinkle Toes Malley, well, I would only say that The Fonz is probably an upward swing in professional tone compared to him ;)
Regards

Brett,
I won't go on & on as I would assume you will receive hundreds if not thousands of responses .... BUT I totally agree with your summation of the CPA marketing policy which puts Alex M up front & centre ... suggest he will run for PM on the basis of his CPA exposure.

Brett
Yes I agree that board member remunerations need to be significantly reduced but the more concerning matter to me is the lack of transparency, the “jobs for the boys” & the conflicts of interest. They’re not practicing what they preach. Surely the large majority of members would see this as a major concern & like us, expect it to be rectified. I must admit, I’m a little bewildered & would like to see some explanations.
Thanks

Hi Brett - well done for driving this. I've been astounded and perplexed for years as to where my fees are going. I didn't realise how bad this is!
I'd like to know how CPA have reacted. Have they responded to your concerns?
Regards

Well done for speaking up Brett!
At least me and two other CPA's (at least 3 in total) will support any opportunity to spill the current board and get things back on track.
Cheers

Hi Brett,
I was advised on Friday by one of our members that he was attending a discussion group meeting last week ( the Sydney professional accountants discussion group) when the meeting was interrupted by Alex Malley who proceeded to berate the convenor (Peter Polgar) for distributing your emails to his members.
Alex Malley apparently suggested defamation action would be taken against anyone who distributed your emails.
cheers

Hi Brett,
I think I need a rum! That was intense.
They just don't get it do they.
Transparency, accountability. It's not too much to expect as a member. I feel like a fool with what is going on.
Keep up the good work.
PS: my offer still stands for a beer/coffee when you are down my way.
Regards,

You nailed it. The truth hurts!
Regards,

You should send the letter of Hughes to Jo Aston and Rowan Dean at AFR-Don Watson would have a field day with it. Cheers

Thanks Brett I will need a spare few hours to digest.
Kind regards

Don’t be sorry I think you are remarkable thank you for exposing the issues.
Kind regards

Hi Brett
Please keep going.
The deviousness of the CPA Board and Top Management is becoming more and more obvious.
Individuals do need to be identified so responsibility can be attributed for a sorry state of affairs. Tyrone Carlin in the latest CPA journal talks in an editorial about the importance of “respect”. I am afraid his crowd including his CEO have lost the respect of many members.
Cheers

Hi Brett,
Another email to your list:

Hi Brett,

I have been a disgruntled member for years but have been too busy and indifferent to care.
Looking forward to the responses from CPA Australia to your concerns and maybe , just maybe get some idea of what internal quality processes are in place and reviewed to protect the interest of members.
I so look forward to reading your emails!!!!!!!!
Cheers,

Hi Brett,
I congratulate you on seeking greater Transparency with CPA governance.
From my observations this is not dissimilar to government, where elected
representatives tend to think they know best, without considering their
constituents.
Regards

Hi Brett
CPA is supposed to be a champion of good corporate governance. But on the evidence you have provided it seems the organisation has been taken over by subterfuge by a self-serving clique. That is what angers a lot of members. The sheer hypocrisy!
Thanks again for shining a bright light on the apparent betrayal.

Hi again Brett.
Just a quick note to say I appreciate your efforts in highlighting the governance issues, etc. CPA Australia is not looking good
Regards

Hi Brett,
Are you the guy mentioned in recent AFR articles re high CPA salaries for Malley, Carlin etc and ridiculous marketing expenditure? If so, I'm a fellow CPA who would like to put a stop to this - what can I do to help?

Hi Brett
Check whether you can access the find a CPA page online.
I cannot.
Cheers

Good work Brett. Keep going
Kind Regards

Hi Brett,
I have not responded to you prior to now, but I have been keeping a close eye on all your emails
You have certainly raised some issues that do need answers from CPA Head Office.
There certainly appears to have been a seismic shift in remuneration of the Board and senior Executives over the past few years that I have not been made aware of. Saying that its buried in the 2014 AGM notice is not good enough in any way by Head Office.
Extending Board tenures when there are 150,000 candidates (members) to choose from is also not good enough! What evidence is there of calls by Head Office for interest in these positions?
Alex and Graeme gate crashing a members meeting is also astonishing and disgraceful. As far as I am aware, Alex and Graeme live / work in Melbourne, so it was a deliberate plan to attend in Sydney.
You are not going hard enough on the Board.
They need to disclose everything immediately or resign!
Director remuneration amounts need to be set figures and not %’s of amounts that are hard to ascertain.
Happy to sign a petition to force CPA to come clean.
Keep up the good work.
Regards,

Hi Brett
Happy to sign a resolution to reduce board fees plus is it possible to include the enforcement of the terms of office?
Thanks

Brett,
can't do much, but you have my vote.
It's about time someone stood up on this issue.

Go Brett
You should be congratulated for bringing the actions of the people running CPA out in the open and into the public eye.
This is however negative advertising and promotion for CPA Australia who should be held accountable to its members.
Keep up the good fight…
Regards,

Enjoyed this morning’s FR (Rear Window – page 37)

Dear Brett

My name is --------------------------------CPA and I cannot stand Alex Malley.
His is a total disaster and a totally self-interested individual.
Please include me in your email to remove him.
Also if there is anything I can do to assist please do not hesitate to contact me
Kind Regards

Hi Brett
Can you please add me to your list for correspondence regarding CPA Australia.
Good luck dealing with --------------------------------.
Regards

I will certainly sign..and I am sure I could get others too
When we had the “vice regal visit” ------------------------------- the rank and file were not impressed

Hi Brett
I am happy to support your remuneration and power resolution and in awe of your investigative insights and follow thru.
Please keep me in the loop.
Regards

Hi Brett - I'm definitely in for the resolution. Hopefully you will have no trouble obtaining the support you need.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers

Dear Brett
I have been receiving your emails and have been distributing them to as many friends and colleagues as possible.
I want to thank you for pursuing this matter as I think it is important that such associations work for the members and not those who would seek to benefit from their positions.
I want to wish you every success with your endeavours.
All the best

Hi Brett,
-----------------------------has forwarded your email correspondence with CPA on to me.
I too have taken a less than appropriate level of interest and diligence as to the "goings on" at CPA in the recent past, but have suspected for some time that the more money they have the more they waist.
I would appreciate you adding me to the member distribution list for updates going forward.
Thanks and regards

Hi Brett
Can you add me to your email list?
Kind regards,

Your doing a great job. I am sure that you have the support of the silent majority.
Kind regards

Hi Brett
I have signed the resolution as requested.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for time spent on this.
Regards,

Good afternoon Brett,
Please find attached my signed copy. If you need originals, let me know where to send and I will express post today.
You may have seen an earlier email from me. I have forwarded your email on to another --- CPAs who may have not been in your original 600.
All the best and thank you for taking the time to do this on our behalf. It is greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards,

Brett attached is my signed resolution but I think this is still far too generous.
I would rather see an honorarium of $10k for directors, $15K for vice-presidents , and $20k for the president.

Hi Brett,
Please find attached the signed resolution.
Good luck with this initiative.
It concerns me greatly that the board are not directly elected by members and that the organisation has clearly lost it's way.
It really is about time that this mess is cleaned up.
Cheers

Dear Brett,
Many thanks for your efforts on behalf of all CPA members. Please find attached my signed approval of the proposed special resolution.
Kind regards,

Hi Brett
I have been member of CPA Australia since ---- and appreciate all your work regarding the governance and remuneration practices of CPA Australia.
Please find attached my support for the proposed members resolution.
I hope this is the first of many urgently required reforrms such as the members direct election of office holders and annual approval by members of officers remuneration.
Kind Regards,

Hi Brett,
Please find attached two signed resolutions.
Could you please add --------------------------------------to your email list.
Keep up the good work.
Kind regards,

Hi Brett,
I have been sent a copy of the Special Resolution form. Please find attached my signed form for your use in pursuing some real change for what has, unfortunately, become somewhat of a laughing stock professional membership body.
Regards,

Hi Brett
I applaud you the extra effort you have taken in exposing this to the wider CPA membership base. I think it disgraceful for an organisation that represents an industry where its members are trusted by its client base, that itself cannot display good corporate governance which is the benchamrk driven by today's Corporate environment
Please find attached my signed approval of the resolution
regards

Dear Brett,
Well done.
Here is my signed approval

Hi Brett,

Attached signed resolution.

Good job. Sounds like you are really going great with this, against all odds this could work.

Regards,
Attached Brett, thanks.

Hi Brett,
Signed resolution as requested.
Thanks

Hi Brett
Great work on CPA, and the outrageous directors fees.
Could you please send the special resolution and I will forward to ---------------------------.
Kind regards

Dear Brett,
Please find attached my signed resolution. You have certainly shaken things up. Furthermore, if CPA Aust has disabled the search function for ulterior motives, then I am appalled.
Regards,

Hi Brett
Please find attached signed resolution.
Thank you again for all your massive work & intelligence that has gone into this.
Your humour has been appreciated too.
Kind regards

Hi Brett
Well done on all your efforts!
As members we should all be very thankful
Please find attached my signed resolution
Let us know if you are struggling with numbers
Regards

Hello Brett
I’ve been following your emails since day 1 and take this opportunity to both thank and congratulate you on the work you are doing.
I’ve attached my signed resolution.
Regards

Great work Brett. You have put in a lot of time, much appreciated. We need to elect a team to the committee and then the Board.

Hi Brett,
Please find attached signed document.
Well done for your good work.
Kind regards

Hi Brett
I attach a signed copy of the members’ special resolution.
You have done a great job to date. May your campaign gather more and more momentum.
Cheers

Hi Brett
Please find attached signed resolution.
Could you please add me to you email distribution list.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Brett Stevenson CPA BComm MDiv
Brett Stevenson CPA BComm MDiv
bstevenson100@gmail.com
The Naked Webmaster