Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Where are IRP Reports and IRP Review Panels website?

Discussion about the proposed resolutions to be put to the AGM in May 2018
Brett Stevenson

Where are IRP Reports and IRP Review Panels website?

Post by Brett Stevenson » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Does anyone else have the same problem as me finding the cpaindependetreview website, or has it been shut down.
Also the Independent Review section on the CPA Australia website also seems to have been removed.

I don't wish to cast any unfounded criticisms until I am sure of this.
Can anyone tell me if they are having the same problem as it is a bad time for these items to be removed from the the cpa website, and for the independent panels website to go missing?

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Re: Where are IRP Reports and IRP Review Panels website?

Post by nakedadmin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Same problems. That is that the cpaaustraliareview.com website is offline. What is the section that was removed from the CPA Australia website? If it was one website that went down, I could understand that was a technical glitch, but if content was removed from cpaaustralia.com.au then it's another story.
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:39 pm

This page on the CPA Australia website has been removed:

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/media/i ... ent-review

The cached version is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/201803272359 ... ent-review

The whole https://www.cpaaustraliareview.com/ website is offline.

It looks like they are trying to make it harder for members to find the information so that when they send out the AGM notices, members who have not researched the issues are kept in the dark.
The Naked Webmaster

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks nakedadmin.
Unbelievable really.
This is the very time when all members need to be able to look at all the relevant material to make a decision on the various resolutions at the AGM, and what do they do?
They take away all the relevant information, just as they are about to send out the Notice of AGM with the proxies and resolutions.
Crikey, and here I was thinking they were playing with a straight bat.

Who made the decisions to take down the Independent Review website?
Who made the decision to remove the Independent Review Panels Reports from the CPA Australia website?

I shall wait to see the Notice of AGM but if this is the approach of the Board then I recommend members send their proxies to either the Spillers or to me if they cannot attend.

I find this hard to believe after all the consultation forums and the assurances that things are different.
Lets hope someone will give them a shake and have them restore both tomorrow.
I'll send an email requesting such now to the Chairman, the new CEO and the NSW Divisional President.

Unbelievable!

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 am

It is back up again this morning.
I would like to imagine it was a technical hitch fixed, and not a members complaining email or a journalists reference in todays AFR.
But having been through the Find a CPA technical glitch story then revised to board decision to remove last year, I am not so sure.
Why is the question that lingers, and that is where the concern lays.

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am

Hi all,
I have just spoken with a board member and they assure me that the reason for this was that the Nous Group, who host the Independent Review material, had a technical glitch and the website was down at their end. This has now been corrected.
This had nothing to do with CPA, and they are as concerned with this as they want to ensure this while process is as open and transparent as possible.
Clearly strong views and bad memories still prevail however in this case what they are saying on this seems reasonable and my apologies for 'drawing the gun' too quickly.
I am planning to send out a detailed email once the Notice of AGM is sent out.
I daresay most will have come to their own conclusions following the consultation forums.
What is paramount in my mind is that we need to get some form of consensus for resolutions and positive changes to be made at the AGM otherwise the status quo will remain.
Anyway I shall have more to say on this when the Notices are sent out and we can see what the actual resolutions being proposed (by both members and the board) are.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:42 am

Brett Stevenson wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am
I have just spoken with a board member and they assure me that the reason for this was that the Nous Group, who host the Independent Review material, had a technical glitch and the website was down at their end. This has now been corrected.
That's BS because the page on the CPA Australia website that I referred to was also missing and is back now. So unless they managed to have a technical glitch that selectively removed a single page from the CPA Australia website at the exact same time the other technical glitch happened then it's total BS. Who was the Director that told you such BS?
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:43 am

Not to mention that NOUS group does not host the CPA Australia website as we were told they had no other dealings with CPA Australia totally independent.
The Naked Webmaster

Red_Ferrari

Post by Red_Ferrari » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm

nakedadmin wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:42 am
That's BS because the page on the CPA Australia website that I referred to was also missing and is back now. So unless they managed to have a technical glitch that selectively removed a single page from the CPA Australia website at the exact same time the other technical glitch happened then it's total BS. Who was the Director that told you such BS?
oh great, so what's changed from last year? Nothing.