Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Contact with NSW Divisional Council

Stomper

Contact with NSW Divisional Council

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

I am advised that my email to the NSW Divisional Committee has been circulated by the NSW DC president (Simon Chhoeu) to fellow DC members for consideration at their meeting and that he will address my email on behalf of DC accordingly.

My email to Simon Chhoeu and Shabnam Amirbeaggi below:

Dear ,

I have obtained your contact details via the now restored CPA Australia directory of committees and am reaching out to you and others of the NSW Council to express my outrage at the current denigration of the CPA designation. One that has been perpetrated by an at best negligent and at worst malfeasant Board and Executive.

As an FCPA and member of CPA Australia for over 30 years I am appalled at the ongoing conduct of the board and executive who are clearly acting against the members interests. Their lack of transparency and actions have broken trust that should exist between them and the members. This breach of trust makes their ongoing positions untenable and I call on the NSW Divisional Council to stand up for the membership and call for their immediate removal and for the establishment of a truly independent inquiry into their conduct over the past 10 years.

It is quite clear that these incumbents cannot take the organisation forward and restore it’s standing within the community and only a refreshed Board and Executive can rebuild that trust.

There is a growing anger and frustration within the membership at the outrageous actions of this Board and Executive team, including,but not limited to:

(1) The overall opaque nature of the board’s dealings;

(2) The belittlement of ‘renegade’ members by the CEO;

(3) The disabling of a function designed to allow people to “find a CPA”, ostensibly to stop members from organising;

(4) The removal from the CPA website of persons representing CPAs on such places as the Divisional Councils (now belatedly restored);

(5) The movement of the AGM to Singapore at short notice presumably to avoid scrutiny by Australia-based members and probably in contravention of the Corporations Act;

(6) The request made to the company under s173(3) not fulfilled properly, as items were redacted from the supplied list [notably, membership status, email addresses, ostensibly to impede];

(7) The s202B notice lodged with CPA Australia on 28/4/2017 and provided on 30/5 was prepared incorrectly;

(8) Revelations concerning outrageous levels of remuneration paid to the Board and senior management of CPA Australia, including that some directors were paid more than constitutionally allowed;

(9) The outrageous levels of expenditure associated with "Brand Malley"

(10) The questionable expenditure of sponsorship of the NBL, South Sydney Rugby League and Australian Open

(11) The pursuit of memberships at the cost of quality and in contravention of members interests

(12) The resignation of seven board members since this information became public (seven board members in less than three weeks!);

(13) The commissioning of an “independent” review with two panellists being people who have previously endorsed Alex Malley’s Naked CEO book personally, reporting to the Chairman who is party to the issues under investigation;

(14) Revelations on page 6 of the AFR (17/6/17) that “ASIC probes CPA directors over breach of duties”

(15) NSW investigation into whether it can continue to recognise CPA Australia as a professional standards body, with concerns raised 18 months ago.

(16) The establishment of CPA Advice seemingly in contravention of the Objects of CPA Australia's constitution

(17) The payment of additional CPA Advice directors fees, undisclosed to members

(18) The $20m line of credit to CPA Advice with $12m already "invested"

(19) The unconstitutional appointment of Tim Youngberry under dubious "emergency" provisions of s60b instead of by the Representative Council sec44

(20) The ridiculous blaming of the media by Mr Dickson, and his own conflicted position, instead of addressing the facts that have been exposed

I implore you and the other NSW Council members to call on the Directors and Executives to stand aside and for the Representative Council to appoint a transitional Board to oversee the restoration of CPA Australia's standing and reputation.

I am committed to do whatever it takes to restore the reputation of our organisation. This can only be achieved with the removal of those responsible for the fundamental breach of trust as outlined above and changes to the way our organisation is run.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss my position in further detail.

Yours sincerely.

Karl Nixon

FCPA - 1031592

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Re: Contact with NSW Divisional Council

Post by nakedadmin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am

Excellent. Let us know if any updates.
The Naked Webmaster

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am

great letter Stomper ...
I would like to plagiarise your letter for the Victorian Divisional Council ??
We do need to get them on board.

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 am

passedfc wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:21 am
great letter Stomper ...
Feel free @passedfc - I used @deaneus great letter as a starting point!!!!

The more contact the better!

Now to Penny Egan........

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 am

passedfc wrote:
See-viewtopic.php?p=2425#p2419 for Presidents work email address.

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:03 am

Stomper wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 am
passedfc wrote:
great letter Stomper ...
Feel free @passedfc - I used @deaneus great letter as a starting point!!!!

The more contact the better!

Now to Penny Egan........
Ha, i was reading it thinking, this guy writes fantastic! ;)

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 am

The way you guys are working together is inspiring.
The Naked Webmaster

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am

Ha, i was reading it thinking, this guy writes fantastic! ;)
'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

sjc431

Post by sjc431 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:25 am

Stomper wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am
I am advised that my email to the NSW Divisional Committee has been circulated by the NSW DC president (Simon Chhoeu) to fellow DC members for consideration at their meeting and that he will address my email on behalf of DC accordingly.

My email to Simon Chhoeu and Shabnam Amirbeaggi below:

Dear ,

I have obtained your contact details via the now restored CPA Australia directory of committees and am reaching out to you and others of the NSW Council to express my outrage at the current denigration of the CPA designation. One that has been perpetrated by an at best negligent and at worst malfeasant Board and Executive.

As an FCPA and member of CPA Australia for over 30 years I am appalled at the ongoing conduct of the board and executive who are clearly acting against the members interests. Their lack of transparency and actions have broken trust that should exist between them and the members. This breach of trust makes their ongoing positions untenable and I call on the NSW Divisional Council to stand up for the membership and call for their immediate removal and for the establishment of a truly independent inquiry into their conduct over the past 10 years.

It is quite clear that these incumbents cannot take the organisation forward and restore it’s standing within the community and only a refreshed Board and Executive can rebuild that trust.

There is a growing anger and frustration within the membership at the outrageous actions of this Board and Executive team, including,but not limited to:

(1) The overall opaque nature of the board’s dealings;

(2) The belittlement of ‘renegade’ members by the CEO;

(3) The disabling of a function designed to allow people to “find a CPA”, ostensibly to stop members from organising;

(4) The removal from the CPA website of persons representing CPAs on such places as the Divisional Councils (now belatedly restored);

(5) The movement of the AGM to Singapore at short notice presumably to avoid scrutiny by Australia-based members and probably in contravention of the Corporations Act;

(6) The request made to the company under s173(3) not fulfilled properly, as items were redacted from the supplied list [notably, membership status, email addresses, ostensibly to impede];

(7) The s202B notice lodged with CPA Australia on 28/4/2017 and provided on 30/5 was prepared incorrectly;

(8) Revelations concerning outrageous levels of remuneration paid to the Board and senior management of CPA Australia, including that some directors were paid more than constitutionally allowed;

(9) The outrageous levels of expenditure associated with "Brand Malley"

(10) The questionable expenditure of sponsorship of the NBL, South Sydney Rugby League and Australian Open

(11) The pursuit of memberships at the cost of quality and in contravention of members interests

(12) The resignation of seven board members since this information became public (seven board members in less than three weeks!);

(13) The commissioning of an “independent” review with two panellists being people who have previously endorsed Alex Malley’s Naked CEO book personally, reporting to the Chairman who is party to the issues under investigation;

(14) Revelations on page 6 of the AFR (17/6/17) that “ASIC probes CPA directors over breach of duties”

(15) NSW investigation into whether it can continue to recognise CPA Australia as a professional standards body, with concerns raised 18 months ago.

(16) The establishment of CPA Advice seemingly in contravention of the Objects of CPA Australia's constitution

(17) The payment of additional CPA Advice directors fees, undisclosed to members

(18) The $20m line of credit to CPA Advice with $12m already "invested"

(19) The unconstitutional appointment of Tim Youngberry under dubious "emergency" provisions of s60b instead of by the Representative Council sec44

(20) The ridiculous blaming of the media by Mr Dickson, and his own conflicted position, instead of addressing the facts that have been exposed

I implore you and the other NSW Council members to call on the Directors and Executives to stand aside and for the Representative Council to appoint a transitional Board to oversee the restoration of CPA Australia's standing and reputation.

I am committed to do whatever it takes to restore the reputation of our organisation. This can only be achieved with the removal of those responsible for the fundamental breach of trust as outlined above and changes to the way our organisation is run.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss my position in further detail.

Yours sincerely.

Karl Nixon

FCPA - 1031592
That is a really good correspondence, well done and thankyou!

Time4Change

Post by Time4Change » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 am

Can I please encourage all members here to start email their DC and President and as Stomper has mentioned, you have his authority to used this letter. Therefore there is not much that need to be done, just copy and change a few thing.

Let regain our association back. Also good work Stomper