Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

'Troublesome' members will be targetted

egl626

'Troublesome' members will be targetted

Post by egl626 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:37 pm

A former staff member of CPA Australia has just told me that it has been common practice there to audit the CPD activities of 'troublesome' members and to discipline or suspend members in breach.
Another reason to use an alias on this site.
And another issue which requires investigation when looking at the improper use of staff resources to support the favoured few from external scrutiny.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Re: 'Troublesome' members will be targetted

Post by nakedadmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Another unethical action from the organisation with the word integrity in their logo. I find these things even more objectionable than the excessive remuneration. But I guess if you want to pay yourself excessively you need to suppress any opposition.

What would be good is to get real evidence of this kind of thing that could be put to the Directors so that they cannot deny it later. Is there anyone working at CPA Australia that is ethical enough and has enough guts to be a whistleblower.

I doubt that anyone would be too worried about a CPD audit. I think vexatious claims of defamation and bringing the profession into disrepute is more worrying.

The fact that they are prepared to target people who criticise them in any way is unethical. This website is hosted in Iceland for a reason.
The Naked Webmaster

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Interesting how the article on Ethics by Alex Malley on the CPA linkedin page was removed after three questioning comments were posted on the page. Interestingly my linked in profile was then viewed by another CPA member who was and may still be part of the Victorian Council. I emailed him to ask to discuss the governance issues and he told me in no uncertain terms that if I had issues to go and speak to Jeff Hughes- Obviously following instructions from head office . Bring on the Audit.

I do have a pdf of the offending article but can't find a way to attach it.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Nice one. To upload the article click "Post Reply". Then there is a tab below next to the "Options" tab called "Attachments". If that does not work email nakedadmin@cpamembers.org
The Naked Webmaster

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks Admin heres the article that was obviously so embarrassing to CPA and Alex Malley that they took it down from the CPA Linkedin page.
CPA Ethics.JPG
CPA Ethics.JPG (29.82 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:17 am

What does "removed and independent of the profession" even mean? Is there some rumblings that associations are not enforcing ethical standards and therefore government needs to enforce them? I can't imagine why the government would have got that impression (sarcasm).

Sometimes CPA Australia says the profession they actually mean the organisation, CPA Australia and or accounting associations in general.
The Naked Webmaster