Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Spirit of renewal ....Director resignation

Discussions about the constitution and how CPA Australia is run
Accountability

Spirit of renewal ....Director resignation

Post by Accountability » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 am

Mr Carlin resignations for both CPA Advice & CPA Australia - lodged yesterday 30th May... does this mean he gets full pay for May or pro-rata...

Spirit of renewal or request from Uni of Sydney? You be the judge.

CPA Aust Advice Resignation 30th May 2017.pdf
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
CPA Australia Resignation 30th May 2017.pdf
(8.03 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

let these be the first of many.....

deaneus

Re: Spirit of renewal ....Director resignation

Post by deaneus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm

In the spirit of renewing his tenure at Sydney

Better Call Saul

Post by Better Call Saul » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 pm

For the 12 months to 31 December 2016, the red figures represent the calculated excess over and above the amount allowed by Article 45 of the constitution.
cpa remuneration excess to directors article 45 2016.JPG
cpa remuneration excess to directors article 45 2016.JPG (19.89 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
Carlin, Wade and Petty were members of the remuneration committee that approved this breach.

The figures are based on the correct reference point being the auditor generals salary.

These have been adjusted for role changes and terms in office during the year.

Unless a press announcement to the contrary is issued - the rort continues unabated. This has been brought to the directors collective attention. The clock is now ticking on breaches of directors duties under Corporations Law............because the directors are aware of the breach they cannot hide now........

Directors are now KNOWINGLY breaching the constitution.

cpa remuneration committee members 2016.JPG
cpa remuneration committee members 2016.JPG (56.75 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
notes to cpa remuneration committee members 2016.JPG
notes to cpa remuneration committee members 2016.JPG (14.31 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

Better Call Saul

Post by Better Call Saul » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 pm

deaneus wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:08 pm
In the spirit of renewing his tenure at Sydney
Not if he comes up in the FOI request expected back 28 June 2017 as having received cash from the Uni that was sourced from CPA

Point being it was not in the S202B.........possibly the S202B was the straw that broke the camels back.....

Chris Catto

Post by Chris Catto » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:39 am

Ominous sign for the remaining CPA Australia Board Directors. All three of the Board Directors who have resigned to date have Law degrees or have been lawyers at some stage.

What can't the remaining Board Directors see that the ones who've resigned can?

raleighcpa

Post by raleighcpa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 am

Good point Chris.

The smart ones are jumping ship before it's too late!

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:58 am

I wonder what Deborah Ong's fellow-partners of PwC in Singapore are thinking of all this at the moment. It's not a good look.
How about Solomon Lew of his CFO Martin Hourigan? I hardly imagine he would want any hint of this increasingly scandalous behaviour of the CPA leadership impacting on the integrity of his own business given Martin Hourigans position.
Not too sure about Jennifer Lang at the CBA. Does Ian Narev want any more possible scandal with his staff? I would have thought the financial planning debacle would have been enough but now with this failure of the CPA leadership (and that is primarily the responsibility of the board remember) opening up I daresay he is not amused.
I'm sure one could go through all the other directors who have outside careers and positions (David Spong, and Sharon Portelli) to suggest that they have an opportunity now to do something to redeem the listing ship. I would think the first two things would be to have the CEO (and possibly the two COO's resign), and then to call in an independent inquiry into governance at CPA Australia to prevent this occurring again in the future. It will also avoid the awful possibility of having just a pro-Malley rump of directors left who can control and appoint directors of their own choosing.
I would think Graeme Wade and Richard Petty have too much to lose and they will just fight and try to tough it out.
So directors it's a good time to step p to the plate and act. You have plenty of CPA members that will be supportive of the above two actions.
Currently we have over 1330 just on our little but fast growing mailing list.
Don't believe this is 'just 6 rogue members' line - that's sales talk, you can see through that one surely. Just think Baghdad Ali when you hear it, and you will get the picture.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Brett Stevenson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:58 am
...and then to call in an independent inquiry into governance at CPA Australia to prevent this occurring again in the future.
Well that won't happen with the current Directors because the 2 Directors that just resigned sighted their requests for a review as a reason for their resignations.
The Naked Webmaster

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 pm

I would not be so sure on that.
If the calls and emails I am receiving is any indication, let alone the media publicity, then I would think some of these directors need to have a few sleepless nights and then reconsider what they are doing.
Can I encourage members to send to Solomon Lew (Just Group Martin Hourigan)Ian Narev (CBC Jennifer Lang) PwC Singapore (Deborah Ong) Ericsson Head Office (David Spong) any articles or summaries or your own words that will convey to them what is actually going on at CPA Australia where their staff members are board members.
I shall be doing so with the AFR articles for starters.
They can remain silent with us as members with the salesmanlike backing of messrs Malley, Wade and Petty, but I would suggest it will be a little harder with their employers who one would like to imagine expect a higher level of integrity at Board level from their staff than silence and complicity in known and obvious wrongs.