Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: ... 215-h055ej ... 211-h02x1d ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at

Emergency board meeting

Discussions about the constitution and how CPA Australia is run

Emergency board meeting

Post by Rogerrt0019 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 am

I found the reason given by Jim Dickson for the emergency board meeting laughable...nothing about the reasons for the troubles. All about how to stop a nasty media company picking on hard working board members (trust you can see the sarcasm dripping here).

Who can see our money being spent on lawyers yet again...just like the dollars spent when these Rotterdam sued ca nz

Re: Emergency board meeting

Post by Rogerrt0019 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 am

Damn spellcheck...Rotterdam should read rorters.

Post by deaneus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 am

It's going to be a much smaller board meeting...

that's four members gone now

Post by belle » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 am

The big problem is that Alex is allowed to attend the board meeting although he can't vote on any resolution..
Any former board member should not have full time employment with CPA

Post by Red_Ferrari » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:25 am

res ipsa loquitur
CPA calls urgent meeting as another director resigns
CPA Australia will be holding an emergency board meeting today and has confirmed that another director has resigned from his position.
Katarina Taurian - Tuesday, 13 June 2017 

In a statement released yesterday, CPA Australia's new president Jim Dickson advised that director David Spong has stood down from the board. This is the fourth in a series of board resignations, beginning with president and chair of CPA Australia, Tyrone Carlin.

The board of CPA Australia will be meeting today to discuss the public lobbying against the association, led principally by a group of rebel members who were successful in their push for increased remuneration disclosure and have taken their fight for leadership change to the government. CPA Australia said its directors are being repeatedly contacted by a media outlet, which is applying “significant pressure” on them to step away from their roles. Consistent with chief executive officer Alex Malley’s comments earlier this month, CPA Australia believes it has been subject to a “systematic campaign of undermining.”

“The toll it is taking on individuals and our organisation is unacceptable,” CPA Australia said. Mr Malley told Accountants Daily the impact of this saga has spilled into his personal life — he has engaged the police on some matters, including for threats made on his life and parcels being sent to his home. “On the iceberg principle — people see a little point above the water. The enormity of what has been going on under the water, the impact on people, the impact on families, is absolutely unbelievable,” he said. “I have seven children, they are all impacted by this, and I have a family that lives in a home that has now been publicly recorded and addressed. If anyone who has been critical of me thinks that’s ok, then I’m comfortable to say I agree to disagree with all of them,” he said. ... tent-10348

Eric Nacpa

Post by Eric Nacpa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:47 am

I noticed the CEO "shall be entitled to attend at Board meetings", presumably including one to discuss his performance.
Given the CEO role is clearly delegated by the Board this is very odd and clearly not good governance.

Post by Sunkcost » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 pm

The only reason the media outlet is getting traction is because its clear that something is off.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall of this meeting listening to them justify their position, claiming its all the medias doing, the public have no idea and that they are deserving of everything they have got, stay strong!

To the remaining board members: You have been weak up until this point, realise this is not something that is going to go away, the members have woken and are angry, we will not stop until you are gone and answer for your actions. The longer you hold out the worse it is going to be for you and the more public focus there is going to be on you personally. The people you are taking advice from will not look after you at the end. In the interest of the members you are paid to serve, move along.