Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

ASIC requesting I disclose my details to CPAA

Discussions about the constitution and how CPA Australia is run
Beancounter

ASIC requesting I disclose my details to CPAA

Post by Beancounter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 pm

Why does CPAA want my details and how did they get ASIC to even agree to this request?

I applied for my Limited Financial License and after 12 (yes 12) months ASIC called me today to advise they would grant a draft licence. Although I had previously declined in writing to ASIC request to pass on my details to CPAA (for obvious reasons) I was asked would I like to reconsider!

Any thoughts on why CPAA would want a nobody country FCPA accountant details?

deaneus

Re: ASIC requesting I disclose my details to CPAA

Post by deaneus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:42 pm

Beancounter wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 pm
Why does CPAA want my details and how did they get ASIC to even agree to this request?

I applied for my Limited Financial License and after 12 (yes 12) months ASIC called me today to advise they would grant a draft licence. Although I had previously declined in writing to ASIC request to pass on my details to CPAA (for obvious reasons) I was asked would I like to reconsider!

Any thoughts on why CPAA would want a nobody country FCPA accountant details?
Hi Beancounter,

I'm a tiny bit confused;

- you applied for a license
- 12 months ASIC granted you a draft license
- you told ASIC not to pass your details on to CPAA
- ASIC asked you if you'd like to reconsider sending your details to CPAA

Is that right?

And at this rate, i'd figure if CPAA wants a nobody country FCPA's details, it's for nefarious purposes. ;)

raleighcpa

Post by raleighcpa » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Couple reasons...

1. Medcraft and Malley are co-conspirators in the RG146 shemozzle which was foisted upon us.
2. CPAA is losing money, and every new customer is another notch in their belts.

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Beside the other suggestions made above. I would think that the CPA Quality Assurance department would be interested in you having a limited licence. This is probably included in your QA review. Would suggest that you check with them.

Beancounter

Post by Beancounter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

update.

ASIC again requests permission to disclose to CPAA again permission declined.

15 minutes later Limited AFS License granted.

over regulated nappy state makes me wonder if Malley (remember him) has a picture of ASIC's Metcraft (or what ever his name is) having sex with a pig

as a registered tax agent, a limited AFS license holder and deep enough pockets to self insure i wonder why I even need to be a member of any professional body. my team couldn't careless as i pay their professional membership fees. clients once upon a time may have cared but now with offshore accounting firms pitching directly for their compliance work at a fraction of what we charge who can blame them for not wanting to get the best price for what is a grudge purchase.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:27 am

Beancounter wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm
ASIC again requests permission to disclose to CPAA again permission declined.

15 minutes later Limited AFS License granted.
I hold as much esteem for ASIC as I do for CPAA right now...