Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Termination of CEO is only part of the process

Discussions about the constitution and how CPA Australia is run
MarkG

Termination of CEO is only part of the process

Post by MarkG » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 pm

While many might see the departure of the overpaid and over advertised CEO as the end game I think it is only part of the process of reconstituting the society, and requires the removal of all current directors and any other executives responsible for the situation we have today.

The rump of the board may attempt to keep their positions (some who have been there over a decade) in order to simply appoint new directors and executives over which they have full control in order to impede or influence a truly independent review that is delivered to members.

We should continue to move towards a general meeting to reform the constitution, appoint directors directly, approve remuneration, and instigate a fully independent inquiry.

Regards, Mark Gilroy..

theallseeingeye

Re: Termination of CEO is only part of the process

Post by theallseeingeye » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 pm

100% agree. Quitting a directorship or taking a termination cheque does not mean accountability is no longer required.

DPopov

Post by DPopov » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Agree 100%. I note one of the responsible and overpaid executives is now acting CEO.

JJF

Post by JJF » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:21 am

Agree 100% Mark!

raleighcpa

Post by raleighcpa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:49 am

Exactly. The rest of them need to go. We need to recover the squandered amounts... Including the ridiculous payout.

aceone

Post by aceone » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 am

Hi all
Sorry to be a damp squib here...but, given the very reasonable queries about the validity of the appointment of the 6th director - surely we must ask ourselves if the 5 validly appointed directors (which are less than a quorum) can have made a valid termination of the CEO? Furthermore, is the announced termination payment validly made?
Please don't think I'm not pleased with this turn of events...I'm just concerned about the validity of the turn of events.
Tracey Jones (right now, I'm too embarrassed to admit that I'm a fully paid up member), B.Mgt, M.Acc, DFP
CTC Taxation & Accounting Services Pty Ltd
Sorell Tas 7172

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:21 am

aceone wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 am
Hi all
Sorry to be a damp squib here...but, given the very reasonable queries about the validity of the appointment of the 6th director - surely we must ask ourselves if the 5 validly appointed directors (which are less than a quorum) can have made a valid termination of the CEO? Furthermore, is the announced termination payment validly made?
Please don't think I'm not pleased with this turn of events...I'm just concerned about the validity of the turn of events.
That is a very valid point. The appointment of the 6th Director was only valid if an emergency. Now, I do not accept that the emergency is to terminate a CEO that the board claims is performing well. So given no emergency existed the Directors have overstepped their powers yet again.

Not to mention it does not make sense to terminate someone during an independent review. Or preempt that tie review will uncover no fault and back the $4.9m payment.

So many errors here it's not funny.
The Naked Webmaster

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:33 am

aceone wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 am
Hi all
I had been thinking the same thing.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, in that if the termination and associated payment are not valid then the directors have breached their duties and could be held personally liable?

That would be a delicious turn of events... :lol:

aceone

Post by aceone » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:55 am

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, in that if the termination and associated payment are not valid then the directors have breached their duties and could be held personally liable?

That would be a delicious turn of events... :lol:
hehehehehe!!!!
Tracey Jones (right now, I'm too embarrassed to admit that I'm a fully paid up member), B.Mgt, M.Acc, DFP
CTC Taxation & Accounting Services Pty Ltd
Sorell Tas 7172

fidgetspinner

Post by fidgetspinner » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Aaagh!!! would that mean he would get his job back? LOL

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Yes Ace one has raised good point that we must not ignore or trip over.