Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

"Suitable" organisation for TPB???

Discussions about the constitution and how CPA Australia is run
WTF

"Suitable" organisation for TPB???

Post by WTF » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Just idly reading the TPB requirements for an organisation to be accredited (don't we ALL have loads of spare time this time of year :) )

They state in part :

Item 207 – Management of organisation

This item requires that the management of the organisation is required to be accountable to its members; and abide by the corporate governance and operational procedures of the organisation.

Examples you provide to demonstrate your association meets this requirement could include:

constitution, by-laws, rules, board charter and/or guidelines noting relevant details, including in regard to:
board and management functions
board and committee composition
qualities and competencies for directors and members
appointment and removal of the board of directors
board elections
processes and procedures for the conduct of board and committee meetings etc.
details of any changes in board of director or committee composition
appropriate notice of AGM
minutes of AGM
audited financial statements
financial reports lodged with ASIC
annual report (if applicable)

It is also recognised that examples provided for Item 202 (concerning corporate governance) may also cover evidence requirements for Item 207.

They also state that an organisation MUST notify the board straight away if they may not satisfy any requirement .

One wonders (idly, of course) if CPA Australia have been in touch with the Board lately :)
góðan dag,

WTF

Those who can, do. Those who can't teach. Those who get kicked out of teaching, run Accounting Societies, OR... get paid $5m to get kicked out of running Accounting Societies!

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Re: "Suitable" organisation for TPB???

Post by nakedadmin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Have you seen this?
TPB_FOI_is_management_accountable.png
TPB_FOI_is_management_accountable.png (27.85 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
This is 100% of CPA Australia's application addressing the criteria you mention. There was not further correspondence on it.
The Naked Webmaster

WTF

Re: "Suitable" organisation for TPB???

Post by WTF » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks for that.

It does not do a single thing to damage or reduce the precise amount of faith in our leadership which I have...nor does it change the exact amount of confidence I have in their doing, or even attempting to do the "right thing".

In fact I can put my hand on my heart and say that I could not possibly bring myself to expect anything more or anything different from our current (and of course our recently and dearly departed) leadership. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nor of the regulators, for that matter.

Rhymes with "Duck in Mustards" ;)
góðan dag,

WTF

Those who can, do. Those who can't teach. Those who get kicked out of teaching, run Accounting Societies, OR... get paid $5m to get kicked out of running Accounting Societies!