Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Promote this site.

What kind of things would members actually want CPA Australia to focus on vs what are they actually doing
ziffelmac

Promote this site.

Post by ziffelmac » Mon May 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Yes, most of us are to scared of Alex and his goons to use our real names here.
However, if you have the guts to stick up a few posters, may I recommend the attached?

You can tell I am an accountant, not a graphic artist :(
CPA protest poster.jpg
CPA protest poster.jpg (206.77 KiB) Viewed 3564 times

balancedcpa

Re: Promote this site.

Post by balancedcpa » Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Are you aware, according to ASIC records, that Brett Stevenson's company Excellere Pty Ltd (ACN 137044065) was de registered by ASIC for insolvency in 2012?

Is this the best person to be questioning the performance and integrity of others?

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Mon May 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi balancedcpa, I won't delete your post like CPA Australia does on LinkedIn, but please just post the message just once. I'm sure Brett will respond or maybe he will just say he is not legally required to disclose it.

Hi ziffelmac, I like the ad. But I'd suggest not using the logo without permission and we will not get permission of course. Just another way we are limited in response.
The Naked Webmaster

balancedcpa

Post by balancedcpa » Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 pm

nakedadmin,

Do you apply the same rules to Brett that has posted the same content in multiple threads? I took his lead and thought that was an effective way to communicate.

Apologies if I have breached the code of the site.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:07 pm

balancedcpa wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm
Is this the best person to be questioning the performance and integrity of others?
He's not alone in questioning the Board.

I just don't understand why the CPA Board and management isn't providing open and rational communication instead of increasingly bizarre ones?

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Mon May 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Good point R2D2. I think Brett's doing a fantastic job and full credit to him.

Balancedcpa, I don't think I'll be applying any rules to Brett. No apologies for that. Also I am quite sure he is getting enough negativity from the official channels. All ideas are welcome and happy to have people with opposing views.
The Naked Webmaster

JJF

Post by JJF » Tue May 02, 2017 6:18 am

Just curious balanced cpa, what is the relevance of Bretts business dealings to ongoing governance issues with CPA Australia?

So, by your argument does that mean he can't raise any issues about how a "member" based organisation is run?

Will you ask the same question about Alex Malley, given the AFR articles about his exit from Macquarie University?

Maybe you would be better to ask the questions of the Board! On that basis is there anything you would like to disclose?

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Tue May 02, 2017 10:40 am

To answer 'balanced cpa', whoever you are, I just let a company I owned be deregistered when I completed a largish contract with a client. The company structure was not worth it for me if I was not going to continue in any form of public practice type work.
I now do very little public accounting work (none at all apart for family and friends for the last year or so, mostly gratis) having my own family business.
I currently structure my affairs here in Australia as a partnership with my wife (and as a company in Canada with our son - Floral Image Toronto/Ontario which you can check out on the floral image website if interested in maintaining your balanced cpa status. But make sure you check with Head Office on Southbank, oh sorry, you are there already). I still have the name Excellere registered as a business name along with a few others in my partnership if I ever do go back into more financial business here in Australia.
Which after seeing the fiasco at CPA Australia I may well do sooner rather than later.
I would summarise my own possible business plans if I ever get around to it as being a very small private ASIC, and a very small Bloombergs. That's where there is real potential in my mind, and especially when our own professional organisation sets such a diabolically poor example in doing what it should do.
I'll let you go and do the research on all the above given your balanced status, it's all there on the ASIC record.
But could I encourage you balanced cpa to at least give us your real name as I have constantly done.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Tue May 02, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Everyone,

For the record we had to ban balancedcpa. Turns out he wasn't so balanced. He started posting random irrelevant links multiple times. Too bad I was kind of waiting for a CPA Australia supporter to join. Turns out he wasn't supporting CPA Australia supporter he was just trolling.
The Naked Webmaster

ziffelmac

Post by ziffelmac » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

nakedadmin wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:46 pm
Hi balancedcpa, I won't delete your post like CPA Australia does on LinkedIn, but please just post the message just once. I'm sure Brett will respond or maybe he will just say he is not legally required to disclose it.

Hi ziffelmac, I like the ad. But I'd suggest not using the logo without permission and we will not get permission of course. Just another way we are limited in response.
OK, I'll redo one and post them around.
BTW I see some anti-academic posts here. I am an academic, and please note that the anti-Alex feeling in academe is quite strong. The real shame is that, in private conversations with NSW Divisional Councillors (won't mention one large firm), they seem not to have the balls to raise this with Alex. So it is left to us academics to do behind the scenes backgrounding on the Alex-Malley-Cult-of-Personality.

R2D2

Post by R2D2 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 pm

Become the "Icelandic Division of the CPAA" and adopt the flag of Iceland :lol: