Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Facebook tips and the Magazine

What kind of things would members actually want CPA Australia to focus on vs what are they actually doing
Mozart

Facebook tips and the Magazine

Post by Mozart » Tue May 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi,

I only found out about this site today, but I did read some of the CPA Australia information that has been coming out lately.

My concern is the poor quality of information that comes from the CPA Facebook posts and the Magazine that I never find enough interest to actually read.

The Facebook advice looks like it has been "borrowed" from other sources on the internet with very little if any useful advice.

The Magazine gets the plastic ripped off and I very rarely look through it now as I have struggled to find interesting articles. My wife received a couple of the Board magazines that had a lot of interesting articles in it but in the Black was always a struggle.

Anyone else found this?

The Cyclist

Re: Facebook tips and the Magazine

Post by The Cyclist » Tue May 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Mozart,
It's called dumbing down, and the CPAA board and senior execs have been doing that to its membership for quite some time now. Its become the Macdonalds of accounting - All glossy and image without any nutritional value. Just look at the new age waffling crap in the Naked CEO book- its absolute garbage, that and the purile TV program that you and I pay for. As Gough said "It's time for a change".

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 pm

CPAA has been deleting comments that they disagree with from social media, we have evidence of this. Also they took down Find A CPA to stop members contacting other members (it's still down!). They removed the email address from the members register that they were forced by law to give to Brett and expressed regret at having to comply with the law. That's why this website is set up to by CPA members not CPA Australia.

Also some members have said that anyone who expresses concern is bullied and intimidated. CPAA says this is false but if you consider the comments in the ABC story about former Directors not willing to be identified then draw your own conclusions about a member organisation that has a satisfaction rating of 6.0 out of 10 but somehow there are no dissenting comments on facebook or linkedin hmmmmm.
The Naked Webmaster

cpaveritas

Post by cpaveritas » Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Nakedadmin,

It is beyond hypocritical to mention deletion of comments when you have deleted the comments from both critics and supporters if the argument does not suit yours eg. The relentless racist comments of regular contributors.

Interesting that not one supporter has expressed dismay at a $250k bonus being paid to the loss-making CEO of CAANZ.

Please have some rationality to your views.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

cpaveritas wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm
Nakedadmin,

It is beyond hypocritical to mention deletion of comments when you have deleted the comments from both critics and supporters if the argument does not suit yours eg. The relentless racist comments of regular contributors.

Interesting that not one supporter has expressed dismay at a $250k bonus being paid to the loss-making CEO of CAANZ.

Please have some rationality to your views.
Please provide proof of racist comments.

And before you do that, look up the meaning of the word.

cpaveritas

Post by cpaveritas » Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Heisenberg,

It is hard to provide proof when the comments have been deleted by nakedadmin.

The development of China is something to be embraced, not feared as several regular contributors saw fit to suggest, including a direct accusation of corruption!

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Tue May 16, 2017 8:22 pm

cpaveritas wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm
Heisenberg,

It is hard to provide proof when the comments have been deleted by nakedadmin.

The development of China is something to be embraced, not feared as several regular contributors saw fit to suggest, including a direct accusation of corruption!
I've said it before and will say it again. People claiming 'racism' are usually losing the argument..... People like yourself.

cpaveritas

Post by cpaveritas » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Deaf ears = good luck

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm

CPAVeritas has said thats its "Interesting that not one supporter has expressed dismay at a $250k bonus being paid to the loss-making CEO of CAANZ."
Well I'm dismayed that our actions are having an effect on other membership organisations who are now starting to come clean on executive pay but our CPA Board still refuse to disclose anything. I'm sure that CAANZ members will start to comment soon which they rightly should. Also making a surplus isn't a bad thing as it allows organisations to continue to prosper however making a surplus whilst at the same time wasting $60million over two years on marketing Alex Malley while continuing to increase membership fees and not only lower standards within the profession but actually cause it to be derided is not acceptable.

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi cpaveritas,

I did delete comments. Partly because of your relentless mud slinging with the word racism. What you are doing here is just making personal attacks. We are not racist. In fact it's you that is racist because you think the Chinese cannot run an accounting association without CPA Australia.

I don't think it's racist to question this global expansion. I doubt it benefits Chinese accountant's or Australian accountants. Having more members only benefits the organisation, CPA Australia and the Directors and executives.

Sorry if someone mentioned corruption in China. What planet do you live on cpaveritas?

A surplus is not a bad thing and I'd have a better surplus if they charged less.
The Naked Webmaster

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm

$5 says CPAVeritas is a CPA Australia troll.

JJF

Post by JJF » Wed May 17, 2017 6:25 am

So cpaveritas cannot back up any claims that CPAA is open and transparent so stoops to accuse us all of racism.

What a joke!!!!

the common thread with cpaveritas and the whole CPAA management group and supporters is that they live in a fact free world.

A personally signed copy of the Naked CEO is all they need to convince themselves that all is good and the "LinkedIn Influencers" path (plus property portfolio) is the way. Hope you were inspired by the "interviews" with the Fonz amongst others!

Malleys salary - no answer
Malleys Macquarie Uni exit - no answer
Naked CEO revenues and costs - no answer
Cost of Singapore junket - no answer
Member list with no email address - no answer
Marketing Spend - no answer
NBA sponsorship - no answer
Australian Open - no answer
Member numbers growth from "LinkedIn Influencer" - no answer

No answers but the accusation of racism - funny though I am from a non English speaking background!

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am

It's just so strange how a CPA could watch the ABC and see all this information come out and just blindly attack us like this. Is it a bad thing to be advocating for change before CPA Australia takes us off a cliff. I've personally heard an experienced CPA say that he did not open Brett's email because CPA Australia told him not to.

I was just telling the OP (original poster) as to why they would not have seen any comments on social media sites about this.
The Naked Webmaster