Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Promoting Alex Malley, instead of CPA as an organisation

What kind of things would members actually want CPA Australia to focus on vs what are they actually doing
The Nude CPA

Re: Promoting Alex Malley, instead of CPA as an organisation

Post by The Nude CPA » Tue May 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Holy &^$#.

CPA Australia has even gone to the extent of creating an Internet Movie Database (IMDb) entry for the faux-celebrity CEO/Supreme Leader:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8503553/

When, oh when, will this embarrassment end?
IMDb_test.png
IMDb_test.png (111.31 KiB) Viewed 2979 times
Last edited by The Nude CPA on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Tue May 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Okay, now he's trolling us. That is embarrassing. Maybe he should get onto Lip Sync Battle next.

it's all positioning for his next move post-CPA-gouging...

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Tue May 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Just tried to amend the listing with a link to this website with the comment "See What Alex is Really up to"... I'll wait to see if its accepted :lol:

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Tue May 16, 2017 6:41 pm

I noted it says "more than 160,000 members worldwide". Everyone knows it's 155,000 now, bunch of liars. And you know when they got over 160,000 on 31 Dec they were well aware that there would be this strike of process. They simply willfully lie about this.
imdb_malley.png
imdb_malley.png (58.62 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 pm

TheNakedCEO seems to have dozens of videos of how to say stuff in Chinese here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNakedCEO/videos

Alex Malley "Welcome to our 50 part series on the Chinese language". The actors are students from Macuqarie uni.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iwJgONy7jE

Chinese is a tonal language so you need to practice the right tone. There are 5 tones and if you get it wrong it's a completely different word.

Wo = me
Bu = not
RenWei = to think
Shi = be
Zhe = this
Yang = way

= I don't think that's the case.

But each of those above syllables can be said in 5 ways, so good luck everyone!

This would have to be the equivalent of thinking that knowing 3 french words would get you a job in France.
The Naked Webmaster

CG9999

Post by CG9999 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Stumbled across this on the web. http://www.saxton.com.au/alex-malley/?t ... er-profile

Interesting its does seem like a brand Malley exercise.
As he donates his fee to charity I hope he does this in his own time and not while on the CPAA tab.

Disgrace 101

Post by Disgrace 101 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Nice to see Petty blowing smoke up Malleys butt in the client comments. What a joke!

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu May 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Good to see this: "Alex donates his speaking fee to charity." But really if you have an organisation like CPAA building your personal brand I guess it's a bright future either way.

Then saw this obviously independent unbiased review by: "Professor Richard Petty PhD, Macquarie Graduate School of Management" :lol:
The Naked Webmaster

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm

For the record the endorsement was:
Alex Malley is a gifted public speaker. His oratory on the issues that are important in business and in life is imbued with the passion and commitment that he genuinely feels about the things that matter; and a great many things matter to Alex. He has vast experience in business, the professions, and academia, and he speaks with fluency and authority on a wide range of topics. Alex has a rare talent for reaching out to people and connecting with them in ways that are individually meaningful to them, even when he is talking to a large group. Alex's speeches are witty, informative, engaging, thought-provoking, and thought-leading. His considerable abilities as a leader shine through when he speaks publicly. I've been in audiences where Alex has reduced the room to tears in sympathy with his message, I've been in the room when Alex has inspired those listening him to go and do great things, I've seen Alex mobbed after a talk he delivered by attendees who wanted more by way of private counsel, a copy of his speech, permission to use his words, and so on. I've been to a great many public talks delivered by hundreds (perhaps thousands) of speakers, and Alex reads an audience like no-one else I've encountered apart from a celebrated few who are on a very short list.
Professor Richard Petty PhD, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
The Naked Webmaster

deaneus

Post by deaneus » Fri May 26, 2017 9:49 am

More head-shaking nonsense. Just building his brand to be the next David Koch.

sjc431

Post by sjc431 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:12 am

nakedadmin wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 6:40 pm
For the record the endorsement was:
Alex Malley is a gifted public speaker. His oratory on the issues that are important in business and in life is imbued with the passion and commitment that he genuinely feels about the things that matter; and a great many things matter to Alex. He has vast experience in business, the professions, and academia, and he speaks with fluency and authority on a wide range of topics. Alex has a rare talent for reaching out to people and connecting with them in ways that are individually meaningful to them, even when he is talking to a large group. Alex's speeches are witty, informative, engaging, thought-provoking, and thought-leading. His considerable abilities as a leader shine through when he speaks publicly. I've been in audiences where Alex has reduced the room to tears in sympathy with his message, I've been in the room when Alex has inspired those listening him to go and do great things, I've seen Alex mobbed after a talk he delivered by attendees who wanted more by way of private counsel, a copy of his speech, permission to use his words, and so on. I've been to a great many public talks delivered by hundreds (perhaps thousands) of speakers, and Alex reads an audience like no-one else I've encountered apart from a celebrated few who are on a very short list.
Professor Richard Petty PhD, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
Oh please spare me

The Cyclist

Post by The Cyclist » Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am

I forwarded this piece of crap to Joe Ashton on the 22nd of March hoping he could use it somehow along with the message below . He asked my permission to use it at a later time to which I replied "Bryce please use Richards gushing and vomit inducing adoration at your leisure.
The sooner that Alex (and his gang The McQuarie Mob) moves to their rightful place the better for all CPA's and humanity in general".

"Gentlemen,
I think we have all been too hard on Alex Malley and should reverse our opinions of him being a self serving media tart, who along with his besties has systematically raped and pillaged CPA Australia.

After reading the totally "impartial" client comments found at http://www.saxton.com.au/alex-malley/?t ... t-comments , it is obvious that he is just misunderstood, and is in reality very close to a messiah, and we the philistines just totally misunderstand him. Here's a sample of his powers. And with these sorts of talents I'd be surprised if the water at the upcoming AGM didn't turn into wine.

His considerable abilities as a leader shine through when he speaks publicly.
I've been in audiences where Alex has reduced the room to tears in sympathy with his message.
I've been in the room when Alex has inspired those listening him to go and do great things
I've seen Alex mobbed after a talk he delivered by attendees who wanted more by way of private counsel, a copy of his speech, permission to use his words, and so on.
I've been to a great many public talks delivered by hundreds (perhaps thousands) of speakers, and Alex reads an audience like no-one else I've encountered apart from a celebrated few who are on a very short list.

Really the man is a legend.

And with recommendations like this from his acolyte Professor Richard Petty Phd, McQuarie Graduate School of Management there's no telling how high he can go- Perhaps to the right of the Holy Ghost ?
"

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri May 26, 2017 4:02 pm

The Cyclist wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am
Perhaps to the right of the Holy Ghost?
Not the Messiah.jpg
Not the Messiah.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 3130 times

"From suspended schoolboy to disruptive CEO..."

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:54 pm

thenakedceo.com has had references to Malley removed (at least on the landing page)

And incoverstionwithalexmalley.com redirects to the CPAA website.

PROGRESS!!

He hasn't updated his Twitter and Linkedin yet. Maybe he'll leave it there in protest....

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am

DPopov wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm
Firstly thank you Brett for speaking up and saying what we all have been thinking for a very long time. I too was at HQ about a month ago and was told that CPA had taken over the lease of the Coffee shop located in the foyer at Freshwater Place. Apparently staff get a 20% discount?? A competition was held to name the coffee shop which apparently is yet to be officially named. Perhaps all this attention has scared them...keep it up Brett.

The Board ought to be sacked for approving such blatant misuse of our funds. I'm a member of both bodies and no guess which membership will be lapsing come 31 December 2017.
Just a quick update on the purchase of the coffee shop. Yep they bought the coffee shop. It's been confirmed by a reliable/senior source on the inside. Apparently Alex had some plans about what he wanted to do with events and it fit into that plan.
The Naked Webmaster

Magnet

Post by Magnet » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am

nakedadmin wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am
Just a quick update on the purchase of the coffee shop. Yep they bought the coffee shop. It's been confirmed by a reliable/senior source on the inside. Apparently Alex had some plans about what he wanted to do with events and it fit into that plan.
Don't worry, I'm sure the purchase of a coffee shop will be fully disclosed in the 2017 financial reports! :lol:

What a joke!!

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:53 pm

A well known journalist asked me in a rhetorical way in March 2017 is there any sort of expenditure that is not appropriate or justifiable for the CPA leadership?
Well, I think we now all know the answer to that one.
A coffee shop, sponsoring the CEO's favourite footy team in Sydney, the immediate past Chairman of CPA sponsoring the NBL of which he was also chairman to the tune of $756K, starting a subsidiary to compete with members in financial services and then Enroning it to pay directors fees above the constitutional limit etc.
The journalist was right.
And amazingly the full board just went along with it all the way

JWheldon

Post by JWheldon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

What about the 2GB spot that Alex Malley had. CPA Australia sponsored 2GB in 2017, and had staff of CPA appearing on the station during 2017, yet no real disclosure about this. So when Alex was terminated, he continued on 2GB for six months, as a "Deplorable". Don't think this will be disclosed in the 2017 financial accounts either.

Disclosure is a bit thin in the annual financial accounts. The board like to create a annual financial accounts, full of pictures and colourful information, but limited on actual accounting details.

As raised by others. When Alex's Malley contract was changed and his termination period increased, no disclosure in either the financial accounts nor any announcement at the annual AGM, nor any board announcement to inform the members of this vital change.

The board, must have worked on a policy, what the members don't know, can't hurt them.

The CPA Australia marketing spend. Nothing on CPA Australia or CPA. Promoting a Naked CEO, over paid and individual that dreamed big about his own wealth creation.
The-Naked-CEO-1024x6831.png
The-Naked-CEO-1024x6831.png (103.87 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
20150212-d1.3510-the-naked-ceo-book-skd-rd-ig.jpg
20150212-d1.3510-the-naked-ceo-book-skd-rd-ig.jpg (213.93 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Magnet

Post by Magnet » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Unbelievable!! I never knew they had a whole tram advertising that pathetic book!

And i still can't even get my head around the purchase of a coffee shop!! Seriously????

If a forensic review of the CPA books is ever completed, I can't imagine what else they would find. I bet there would be plenty of other expenditure on items which would make the general membership furious!

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 pm

nakedadmin wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am
DPopov wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm
Firstly thank you Brett for speaking up and saying what we all have been thinking for a very long time. I too was at HQ about a month ago and was told that CPA had taken over the lease of the Coffee shop located in the foyer at Freshwater Place. Apparently staff get a 20% discount?? A competition was held to name the coffee shop which apparently is yet to be officially named. Perhaps all this attention has scared them...keep it up Brett.

The Board ought to be sacked for approving such blatant misuse of our funds. I'm a member of both bodies and no guess which membership will be lapsing come 31 December 2017.
A full forensic review/audit is required.