Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Assorted Malleyisms

What kind of things would members actually want CPA Australia to focus on vs what are they actually doing
Just disappointed

Assorted Malleyisms

Post by Just disappointed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

I found this on Pinterest, though I would share some of it.
Chair1.jpg
Chair1.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
I’m fascinated by the big yellow chair. This was from the book launch in London. It is unclear if the chair was shipped there, and if so, at who’s cost, or if there are yellow chairs in major cities. With this level of transparency there could be whole lounge suites all over the world, we’d never know. I wonder where they end up. Perhaps donated to directors and key employees? I wonder if Angus has one? But don’t worry this board are good accountants, the FBT will have been correctly calculated and recovered from the beneficiaries. I wonder what line that’s reported on.
The mind boggles. I hope the Naked CEO is festidious with his bathroom hygiene. My wife would have my guts for garters if I sat naked on our big yellow lounge.
Here’s an interesting quote from the CEO.
Quote1.jpg
Quote1.jpg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
Shouldn’t the CEO of ASCPA be a little more apolitical?
But. Seriously?..What credibility does he have. Substitute Singapore from Sydney and he's talking about himself. ***SPLITTING MY SIDES LAUGHING***.And he reckons we’re a bunch of crackpot dissidents.

The Nude CPA

Re: Assorted Malleyisms

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Just disappointed wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm
It is unclear if the chair was shipped there, and if so, at who’s cost, or if there are yellow chairs in major cities.
I think we all know...

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Can't remember where I found this, but it's delightful, isn't it?

Alex the romantic.jpg
Alex the romantic.jpg (62.96 KiB) Viewed 1631 times

Just disappointed

Post by Just disappointed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 pm

I like that, Nude CPA.

But check this out.

CPA stuff is messing with my mind. I'm watching "The Wire". It's about guys dealing drugs in the projects in Baltimore. But look, here's the interesting bit. I think even those guys have one of our yellow CPA couches. What is going on with the Society? No control over furniture and fittings for starters.
Couch1.jpg
Couch1.jpg (75.54 KiB) Viewed 1570 times

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:41 pm

I'm sure it was acquired as an arm's length transaction...

Not_A_CPA

Post by Not_A_CPA » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 am

The Nude CPA wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:41 pm
I'm sure it was acquired as an arm's length transaction...
Literally arms outstretched when passing the cash to one another. CPA intereptation of arms length transaction.