Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

Voices need to be heard

What kind of things would members actually want CPA Australia to focus on vs what are they actually doing
TBLACK

Voices need to be heard

Post by TBLACK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 am

First of all thanks to the contributors who established this platform. Members' voice has been overlooked and missing so long.
some points here:
1. we will lose our career if CPA brand fails
2. unless you can join CA and happily enjoy the joke shared by the nakedwebmaster (a great one);
3. the facts, yes, the FACTs reflected in Nate1's post tells us we are losing credibility as a CPA on job market. this has been mirrored during my previous job hunting;
4.looks like we are losing our jobs, our clients, and our career future;
5.being paid high salary is not a sin, but what did you deliver when got paid millions? will talking to celebrities help to build our brand? Did you hear the crying from members when discriminated by CAs? why did you close online forums and find a cpa? what do you fear?
6. members, you deserve to be 2nd class accountants, if you just choose to do nothing and to be smashed by CAs.

Uncle_Fred

Re: Voices need to be heard

Post by Uncle_Fred » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:25 pm

I agree and I think most of us agree with the sentiment. But how do we stop being "smashed by the CA's" and regain our credibility?

Direct action by members to wipe the existing exec and board of CPA Australia is a start but we then need to follow up with recreating the association so it cannot be so easily hijacked again. If we all rally some members to action we have a start.

But we need a unified and clear direction to succeed. I hope members of this Forum can create a plan and lead the way to recovery.

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Think We all agree that we need to do something to address the CPA situation
Removing the Board and Executive is the start and we need the right mechanisms to do this.
Thanks to Brett and his team this forum gives us a place to start and we all need to circulate this as widely as possible.We need to build the numbers to get enough to force the EGM necessary ? The Asian countries seem to be out of the loop at the moment.
I know the 10 CPAs in my own organisation had little knowledge of the situation up until the last few weeks, and they are all now as outraged as i am.
But we do need clear unification to keep the pressure on CPA Board and Malley. People like Brett and Andrew North are showing us the way ( see Andrew North's letters.) this all take time and effort. So at the moment I intend to spread the word to as many CPAs ( and others) to maintain the rage and put CPA back in hands of members.

TBLACK

Everything just begins!!!

Post by TBLACK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Yes, I could not agree more.
I believe to spread the existence of this site is a good start. I will sent emails to my fellow CPAs.
The aim of this forum is to wake up most of silent members and I think it is working. Once there are enough members involved, a emergency or special general meeting should be the solution.
By the way, I personally have respect for most CAs. Though CPAs should be given a fair go. As another member pointed out, there are both bad CPAs and bad CAs. The current unbalanced situation was mainly caused by the fact that CAs historically occupied key positions in corporate world and they do not want to see competition from CPAs. The only way to kill the competition is defamation. Sadly, as a organisation CPA Australia just ignore the fact and did not act or provide proper support to our members in training, marketing and lobbying in the business world. At least I did not see such effort. The directors or CEO are blind or just bloody DO NOT CARE. Maybe I miss another possibility... they are incompetent, look at the defamation case we 'win' over CA last year. Other than that, has the CPA ever advised members how to react or act together towards the discrimination by the general business world? None!
Instead,Our money, created by flooding the market with 160,000 members (up from 90,000 just several years ago) has been badly spent on some rubbish PR movement. The perception is that CPAs are cheap to hire and there are more than plenty of them. And the stupid advertising and PR just convinced the general public CPA is less and less ACCOUNTANT relevant. Of course, as accountant CPAs would be regarded as inferior accountants. For example, just look at INTHEBLACK, it is more and more like a entertaining magazine. Look at the online tools, it is shrinking. I remember we were just given five accesses to online resources. What a joke, show me the money.
This is the tragedy of all of us.
I will wait to see what is next and will support the rebels. They are the ones with consciousness and sense of responsibility.
This is just the beginning!
Well done Brett! A big thumb up!

passedfc

Post by passedfc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:09 pm

The Beginning happens with Legal Fight fund
Support Brett to get us to next level.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 pm

passedfc wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:09 pm
The Beginning happens with Legal Fight fund
Support Brett to get us to next level.
Waiting for confirmation on how to contribute. Once those details are available I'll throw in a few dollars for sure.