Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb
Image

2017 Australian Human Resources Institute accounts

AHRI seems to have similar problems to us. If there are any members of AHRI who want to compare notes please post a message here.
Post Reply
JWheldon
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 6:43 pm

2017 Australian Human Resources Institute accounts

Post by JWheldon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Have attached the 2017 accounts for the Australian Human Resources Institute.

Maybe the members of ARHI would want to take a closer look at the financial accounts.

This entity was started in 2006. On 29 June 2009 it was granted income tax exempt status. Registered as a charity?

Only about 15,000 members, yet it has about $11 million in reserves

It generates around 2.5 million to about 3 million in sponsorship. Is Qantas one of its major sponsors? Did CPA Australia sponsor them?

Sponsorship 2013 $2,725,578, 2014 $2,665,286 , 2015 $2,610,700, 2016 $2,648,460


Goodwill of $2,118,092 ????

Peter Wilson Base Salary (Inc Super) $188.510 plus committee Fee $4,250 = $192,760


What do others think?
Attachments
2014 ARHI _Financial_Statements.pdf
(658.25 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
2016_ARHI Audited_Financial_Statements.pdf
(810.21 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
AHRI_LTD_accounts_31_December_2017_Final.pdf
(690.35 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

User avatar
Stomper
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: 2017 Australian Human Resources Institute accounts

Post by Stomper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 am

So looks like the poor old Directors miss out with fees of $29,500 while the Chair creams off a tidy $188,510 - not bad for 6 meetings a year!

User avatar
Brett Stevenson
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 am

Re: 2017 Australian Human Resources Institute accounts

Post by Brett Stevenson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Its amazing really. Try to ask yourself what is the purpose of the AHRI organisation?
Its pretty rubbery and my guess would be that if it did not exist there would be no great loss. That is a critical indicator of an organisation.
Brings to mind Jeffersons quote that governments exist to serve the governed not the governors.
CPA managed to turn that on its head such that the governors reigned supreme. Methinks AHRI shows signs of a similar problem.
From the annual revenue of $14.4 million, it spends only about 43% on providing services directly to the members, the rest i.e.about 57% or $8 million is spent on administration and internal costs.
And of course the largesse provided to the Chairman of $192,000 is enormous when you consider that the CEO's salary is just $236K (plus possible $30k bonus).
No wonder Peter Wilson has been in the 'job' for so long. It comes across like another example of an organisation being run for the benefit of the board and staff. Almost 1.4% of total revenue goes to the Chairman. That is incredible. Just relate that to ay other organisation's revenue and you will see it is very very high.
Of course the other directors at $29K clearly are not up to the same high quality if remuneration is any indicator. It would be very telling to dig a bit deeper into the expenses of this organisation to see just who benefitted from them. My guess is conflicts of interest would abound.

Post Reply