Merry Christmas to Peter Wilson. When it was suggested that Peter Wilson should be independent of the old board so that we can have a fresh start Peter responded with "That's your issue". Summary of the meeting here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=594
A good summary of where we are up to by Joe Aston of the AFR, linked to from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4137#p4137
If you are new to this website read the story so far: viewtopic.php?t=321#p1793
Check out some of the AFR articles, too many to list and check out some of the ABC reports: http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 215-h055ej http://www.afr.com/business/accounting/ ... 211-h02x1d http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/the ... s,/8626662
Please join this website to participate in discussions. Also join our email list at http://eepurl.com/cWsgfb

CPAA Advice - I still find this hard to believe

This covers the board and management of CPA Australia
Brett Stevenson

CPAA Advice - I still find this hard to believe

Post by Brett Stevenson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 am

I have attached a summary schedule showing what the s.202B statement from CPA Australia should have shown when it was completed. Unfortunately they messed it up the first time (31st May) and also possibly with their second attempt (30th June) but here at least you can see it all together in one chart.
Just look at the CPAA Advice column for starters.
These people were paid in 2016 $1,000,000 (and they were already being scandalously remunerated from CPA Australia) to oversee a subsidiary (CPAA Advice) which in 19 months had a total revenue of under $50,000, and a loss of $7,200,000.
I still find that just had to believe.
And the $1,000,000 remuneration paid to these people was recommended by our recently sacked CEO Alex Malley, and the board just said sure, why not, and okayed it.
And the IRP recommends nothing on this matter. Have a look at the Final Report section on the CPAA Advice.
It is almost as if this is okay by the IRP also with the almost scant attention it receives and no recommendations for action against those who allowed such folly, and the lack of any sense of outrage at this obvious scandalous level of remuneration.
Wow, I am still shaking my head.
Attachments
s202B analysis.pdf
(24.13 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

JWheldon

Re: CPAA Advice - I still find this hard to believe

Post by JWheldon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:15 pm

As Alex Malley would say from his 2GB Show (is that sponsored by CPA Australia too?) Can only see one overall winner with CPA Australia Advice, Alex Malley, Jeff Hughes, Adam Awty, Graeme Wade, Tyrone Carlin, Michelle Dolin etc. I suppose they didn't really appreciate the situation, because its not their personal money.

I wonder whether any of the 28 members of CPA Australia Advice, have been provided a copy of the financial reports of CPA Australia Advice, or been able to raise issues about its operation with this so called shadow board of CPAA Advice. Opps forget, its 100% owned by CPA Australia, so they don't have to justify anything that goes on with CPA Australia Advice to any of the general members of CPA Australia or CPA Australia Advice. Most members would never notice what is taking place with CPA Australia Advice from the smallest disclosure in the CPA Australia final report. Is the 2016 CPAA financial report another award winning financial report of CPA Australia, akin to what was mentioned in the 2015 CPAA financial accounts? Yet, as clearly disclosed at the Senate Committee, CPAA meets the minimum compliance standards. So is CPA Australia Kaos or is it Control from the Sixties TV show GET SMART??

nakedadmin
Site Admin

Post by nakedadmin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Brett Stevenson wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 am
what the s.202B statement from CPA Australia should have shown when it was completed
Brett, the point is that the section 202B may have not disclosed all payments. As scandalous as the amounts are that might not be everything.
The Naked Webmaster

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

nakedadmin wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm
Brett Stevenson wrote:
what the s.202B statement from CPA Australia should have shown when it was completed
Brett, the point is that the section 202B may have not disclosed all payments. As scandalous as the amounts are that might not be everything.
Yes, that is my chief concern too.

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Brett Stevenson wrote:
I have attached a summary schedule showing what the s.202B statement from CPA Australia should have shown when it was completed.
Any chance you could attach the Excel file, Brett?

Brett Stevenson

Post by Brett Stevenson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 pm

No problem. Here it is.
And crikey if there is more it makes it even more obscene.
It is sheet 2
Feel free to improve it. Time is always a bit of a pressure, so let me know if any mistakes also.
Sheet 1 was my initial working paper on CPAA Advice. Possibly needs correcting now since the IRP Final Report.
Attachments
s202B analysis.xlsx
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

The Nude CPA

Post by The Nude CPA » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Brett Stevenson wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 pm
No problem. Here it is.
Awesome, thanks.